Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes looks like their marketing is just copying Wikki stuff. Worked on ACR stuff over the years both for Audio (US military has a big budget just to pay for hearing damage, so over the years they have put money into ANC for hearing protection) and electronic noise.
Plenty of real stuff out there that would be comparable in cost to some of the fancy Audiophile stuff, just seem to get zero response when I suggest it...
Maybe we should do our own Audiophile USB hub project with stuff from Picor amongst others....
http://cdn.vicorpower.com/documents/whitepapers/Picor/wp_load_capacitance.pdf

Maybe we should do our own Audiophile USB hub project with stuff from Picor amongst others....
http://cdn.vicorpower.com/documents/whitepapers/Picor/wp_load_capacitance.pdf

Please do, i am planning to build a box to isolate the PC power and use a quieter linear regulator instead. This led me onto looking at the various common mode chokes and ESD devices made specifially for USB interfaces and wondering if its worth while implimenting any of them while i am at it. I would love to see what you proper enginners would come up with?

Linear PSU please.... only the best SMPS will do, done many a USB hub layout before, they are not uncommon especially for galvanic isolation...
Use of common mode ferrites on USB line can cause more problems than they solve specially if there are already filters in the equipment being used (put there as a quick easy fix to help with EMC compliance testing), it is more likely to cause problems with the single ended USB communications that with the differential data transmission so I believe...
Anyway this is DIY lets have some fun, I have already done a Jitterbug clone I call the Shitterbugeritup, because like the original it will probably cause more problems than it solves... so much filtering to combat the horrible noise problems of USB that even the diff signals rise and fall times are almost flat lining... As I am not an Audiophile guru and have no super famous audio products anything I do will not work for audio so we can do it for fun....
Actually I would not filter the USB lines just use a hub IC to regen erate them and apply the filtering to the 5V and 0V lines and isolate the input and output sides as much as possible similar to some designs I have done where as much isolation as possible was required and speed meant a Adum device was to slow....

Cables has got to be the funniest one of all. The new trend for 're-calibration' is the icing on the cake.

I wonder how many people around here are completely, 100% immune from the cable meme. I am. No cable in my system cost more than a couple of quid except for some £15 cables I bought many years ago.

The idea of burning in cables provides great entertainment. I pay tribute to the creative people who came up with cable lifters. Cryogenic and heat treatments was genius.

i'd say these manufacturers should be charged for fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.