Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had classified them into various grouping of EE's, the young dynamc ones, the 40+ still with mother types, the old dynamic ones (pony tails, grey hair , goatee beard and jumper over the shoulders)

You skipped the EE's who considered polyester caps quite adequate for all purposes, and class A a total waste of energy.
Apart from mining fools, the most conservative minded of all engineering trades. Maybe one reason why average pay of an EE is JS, and percentage of audio company owners with an EE background is relatively low.

How's the willie doing, Mr Marce ?
Already watered the front garden again ?

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Audiostream has completely disappeared up its rear in the last few months. I think the writer had his nose put out of joint by the audioquest cable test and is now on a mission to try and find correlation where there is none in everything digital.

I pay regular visits to laugh at the prose and also the comments from the hoarde of true believers.

You skipped the EE's who considered polyester caps quite adequate for all purposes, and class A a total waste of energy.
Apart from mining fools, the most conservative minded of all engineering trades. Maybe one reason why average pay of an EE is JS, and percentage of audio company owners with an EE background is relatively low.

How's the willie doing, Mr Marce ?
Already watered the front garden again ?

:D:D:D
Very sore, very very sore and in hibernation for a while.... The mind is willing the Willie is not. In fact my mind worries me, it seems my black heart is beating with a new optimism toward life instead of the dark cynical objective view I had previously, this I find disturbingly worrying... Before I know it I'll be sprouting off about the benefits of silver USB cables and wearing a synergistic research T-shirt. Please donate any spare cynicism to save me from this optimistic view of life...:)

The next RIP off....
$350 for a few cents worthy of components (including PTH caps, plenty of inductance just what you want for a high frequency filter...) and a cheep PCB.
Of course if anyone bothered to look at either the internet spec or inside their equipment they would see these components as there are an integral part of the Ethernet interface.
$350 a total rip off, I am in the wrong job.....

Taken from AUDIO TIPS - audiodirection

"Believe it or not the color of the zip ties do make a difference in sound. We believe it is due to the pigments used in the manufacturing process. If we use the clear ( actually milky cloudy semitransparent plastic) as the base, red ties have a more open top end. Blue ties have a bit better bottom end. Black ties actually restrict dynamics and detail "

My cable ties are yellow, what should I be hearing?

Joined 2007
Paid Member
marce - just take it easy!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 167
Taken from AUDIO TIPS - audiodirection

"Believe it or not the color of the zip ties do make a difference in sound. We believe it is due to the pigments used in the manufacturing process. If we use the clear ( actually milky cloudy semitransparent plastic) as the base, red ties have a more open top end. Blue ties have a bit better bottom end. Black ties actually restrict dynamics and detail "

My cable ties are yellow, what should I be hearing?

Pi$$ poor sound? :rolleyes:

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.