Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Picture320.jpg

Picture318.jpg

Picture317.jpg

Picture315.jpg

My first DIY speaker project, the Cyburgs Sticks. They have some small cosmetic errors, but they came out alright in my opinion.

Post some (many) pics of my horns based on drivers from Hungarian company Sonido and diagrams from the same company.
The driver is a 5" fullrange unit:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

A few pix from the assembly:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

My cabinet (and cabinets):

Drives in place (and muffler as well):

The speakers (the red one) next to is bigger brother (6½" Sonido driver) at a DIY meeting in Gothenburg a month ago:

Sorry no figures or curves, just a subjective judgement:
There's no DEEP bass but still, if playig (acoustical) music you don't feel there's much missing. They are palying loid and what there is of low notes, there is. However mid and high ranges are VERY good, no sagging no resonances.
We compaired the speaker with a horn with dual Fostex FE204-something last year and the difference was enormous; the Fostex did play loud at the lower end but HEY! Where's the treble??
Comparing the smaller 5" with the bigger 6½" was also interesting. It seemed that my smaller boxes had a straighter curve (or line), whereas the bass was a bit thinner. Talking with Zoltan at Sonido I learned that the deeper bass at the 6½-inchers could give the sense that midrange was down.
I will check with my friend who brought the bigger horns if he has any curves.

CHR70 BR

about 12.5 liters, tuned to 45 hz

No baffle step but these (despite being fairly large) are designed for desktop use, so the wall, desk, and corner have a tendancy to eliminate the need. Still want to play with it a bit, but they sound pretty damned good as it is.

Attachments

• chr70-finished.jpg
    chr70-finished.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 4,072
I like to post, so have some more speaker pics

This is a variation on the last set, this time for my grandpa. He needed a basic set of speakers to sit beside his TV in his entertainment center, so these are sized to fit perfectly in that space.

Since they're shorter, I decided to go with a self-build slotted port. It's flared with the router just like the outside of the baffle, which meant constructing it out of lots of little mitered pieces. Overall it came out pretty good, I think

I still need to decide on a good way to fill MDF end grain and fill cracks and stuff.

BEHOLD MY AMAZING FILTER MOUNT