Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Smoother response. Gets rid of what is happening under the dustcap (oil can resonance), and the crap happening inside the dustcap (pushes anything way up in frequency).

Nothing wrong with the box shape, it looks like a really big microTower, (original thread and one of the most recent)
microTower bipolar ML-TL for CHR-70 or EL70
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/microtower-revisited.364581/

You just need to know that the vent (restricted terminus) will need to be longer than your BR modeler shows. Also being endloaded it should likely be largely filled with damping material.

What is the total box net volume?

dave

Recent build of Jim Griffin MLTL for Alpair 10p

Attachments

• IMG_1407.JPG
    IMG_1407.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1408.JPG
    IMG_1408.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1414.JPG
    IMG_1414.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1415.JPG
    IMG_1415.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: 2 users
Smoother response. Gets rid of what is happening under the dustcap (oil can resonance), and the crap happening inside the dustcap (pushes anything way up in frequency).

Nothing wrong with the box shape, it looks like a really big microTower, (original thread and one of the most recent)
microTower bipolar ML-TL for CHR-70 or EL70
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/microtower-revisited.364581/

You just need to know that the vent (restricted terminus) will need to be longer than your BR modeler shows. Also being endloaded it should likely be largely filled with damping material.

What is the total box net volume?

dave
Get it. But still phase plugs are not very common in drivers..
Volume 60l and yes quite a bit of damping material inside

But still phase plugs are not very common in drivers..
Actually they are quite common. And i have not yet met a whizzer coned driver that does not benefit from their addiiton.

60 litres is good for a single driver in a sealed box. In a vented box with 3 drivers i would expect more like 200 litres would be appropriate. It would be interesting to see what heaviy stuffing the vent would do.

With BR loudspeakers damping is usually kept to a minimum, so with lots it has further distanced itself from a reflex.

dave

And newly completed folded open baffle bass bins to match my dipole satellites. So far exactly the bass I was after. Full, harmonically rich, satisfying for music and cinema, but not disturbingly ground penetrating and disturbing to my neighbours.
Using a BBE active crossover to highpass the satellites at 170 hertz, and lowpass a sub plate amplifier at 70 hertz.
A much more natural balance top to bottom, and after a couple hours fine tuning, settled in for about a 6db 40 hertz narrow Q boost.
I intended to hook up for stereo bass, but now can't be bothered pulling a stereo amp out of storage for bass.
IMG_20220808_172714.jpg