Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

It's all oak. Floors, oval baffle, and bases. Baffles are made from a 1x12x36 board from Home Depot and the base is made from 1x2's from Home Depot wrapped around a MDF center. Tried to match the baffles without much luck. Going to put some more Spar Urethane on the bases to try and darken the color a bit. The black is truck bed liner in a spray can. Urethane is Minwaw Spar Urethane in a spray can too. Thanks for the pos comments.

BTW, the hardwood floors and ugly molding are original from 1960. They could use work, but I'm renting so I don't care. ;)

looks like you did a pretty good job at matching the baffles. :D i would use a golden brown poly for the finish. maybe a light stain(i wouldnt) , but the only way your gonna get a color like the floors is after 40 years of life under the sun. ha ha. i know those floors are original. my favorite, solid oak 2" planks. a nice sand and finish and your good for another 10 years +.

Yes, sure is a nice old driver. Probably go for another 40 years.
I was offered a pair of old cabs today. A label on the back said Toshiba SSW120 8" 2-way. I need them like a hole in the head. However thought another pair of 8 inchers to try on an OB. Cutting the cotton type grill cloth revealed a 10" plus a Motorola horn. Forget about the plastic horn.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 4,623
Mounted in about 25L cabs, they're a bit bass shy, also the suspension is very stiff.

These may end up on OBs. They go quite high. The horns aren't needed. That's a silk dust-cap.

Not the biggest alnico magnet in the stable, but a reasonable slug.

No date stamp. Any clues?

Attachments

• magnet.jpg
    magnet.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 4,488
Yeah, I'll get round to a z curve. Still re-breaking in. They have been idle for a number of years. The previous owner painted the gaskets matt black along with the baffles, and included the outer roll of the surround!!. I have treated that with mineral turps, which is helping. I'll do the entire surround with bitumen once broken in.

8 hours ago, need full bass boost, now bass control at 2 o'clock. Very promising though. Nice accurate mids, fast transients, sweet top end if directional, a bit peaky on female vocal up high, and a bit sibalent. guessing about 93 - 94 db/w compared to the modded Wharfedales.

I don't know why the unfiltered Motorola's were there, maybe he was deaf.

Geoff.