Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Attachments

• IMG_20191220_201617.jpg
    IMG_20191220_201617.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 1,408
Very nice speakers . Impresife horn idea

May I ask why did you put only a capacitor? did you cross it at 5000hz?
Thank you

The capacitor in series offers a 6dB/Oct filtering as highpass filter then is positioned on the top of the enclosure at about 35mm retracted position from the full range driver giving a smooth association of main speaker and tweeter....all the best....:)

My speakers are coming along. I am testing the number of ports I intend to use. Either one or three or even two. The demo I posted below is just a prototype front cover made with cheap plywood. The sides and back are the real wood which is Baltic birchwood.

I haven't sealed the top or bottom as of yet. Here is a sound sample. What do you folks think? by the way, the bass is much deeper than what you can hear in the video.

YouTube

Always hard to tell from u-tube vids but it sounds fast, clear, articulate and there's some bass. If there's more than what I hear online, sounds like a winner! The other thing, of course, is soundstage, which is entirely missing in online vids, so depending on what you hear, congrats are in order.

Always hard to tell from u-tube vids but it sounds fast, clear, articulate and there's some bass. If there's more than what I hear online, sounds like a winner! The other thing, of course, is soundstage, which is entirely missing in online vids, so depending on what you hear, congrats are in order.

Yes, you are correct; it's always hard to tell from videos. It does sound really nice. And I'm only 80% finished. I need to do apply the top and bottom and glue or seal them of course, add fiberglass insulation to the top, bottom and front.(Side and back are already have the fiberglass insulation). Once this is finished, I'm sure it will sound even better. Whats holding me now is the port tubes. Waiting for them to come so that I can really test the ports to know how many I should use.
I am also on the waiting list for a Decware ZROCK EQ. I've heard tons of raves about this device so I am looking forward to getting it.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my build.