• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: „Ultra Low Noise“ Power Supply, LT3045 based PCB’s

hi guys,
Is the two rails pcb using lower quality components? I see different rectifier diodes and also different output capacitors ...

Hi guys,

There are no compromises in components - each power supply has genuine HQ components. Smaller format, smaller components - where necessary. That's why the MD-HPULN needs diodes in SMD size and smaller output caps due to less current comparing to the L-size HPULN's.

We launched the ALD-HPULN power supply, btw. It's a dual rail HPULN in L-size including the "anti-transformer-ringing" snubber.

Check it out :)

Best regards

Stammheim

Last edited:
I notice with LDOVR lt3045 boards the regs start to sound really bad if they get hot, so bad that even as USB-I2S interface supply the sound at my headphones get very harsh and hard to listen when LT3045 are getting excessively hot..

dropping the voltage before the input helps a lot, but this is adds complication and other compromises to the circuit. Is there any direct connection between heat and reduced sound quality so that adding some sort of heatsinking to these boards would fix the issue? your boards sport those big heatsinks, which seems to suggest dissipation and voltage difference from the input doesnt matter as long heat in chips can be kept under control

My personal statement is that it's always good for many reasons to care about electronic's temperature.

I can also say, that sound seems to get better with more "headroom" in electronics. Regarding power supplies recommend a load of <60% and a voltage difference / voltage to current ratio, that ensures "sufficient" temperature under all circumstances. It should also be considered, that many SMD parts are 85C° parts, going into high temperatures could so have not only an influence to the regs, but also to other components, which might have an influence to the regulated output.

Thats why all HPULN power supplies have a heatsink on board and why we go into conversation with customers to ensure an application matching power supply AND offer transformers with application-matching secondaries voltage. We also support choosing the right application-matching transformer's voltage.

Best regards

Stammheim

Last edited:
Very good point about surrounding components, the ground plane on these boards is only thing pulling heat away from chips, ends up heating everything else on the board at that point.

It seems like the PCB material act like an insulator more than a heatsink, a small strip of aluminium zip-tied against the thermal vias went a long way, having no heatsink at all really made the heat problem seem worse than it was.

Hi all
Because of a change in setup i have a complete LPS for sale.
It includes:
SLS-HPULN Power Supply with snubber.
Supreme Audio Grade transformer 60VA with RVS shielding
(230V/2x9V), Including Mounting Plate
Alu Case

LPS can deliver 2,5A it has been used for 5vdc for a spdif board.
Purchased in april 2019, so just burned in ;-)

New price was for the complete LPS around €320,-
But can go for a decent offer.

Interested or want more info/pictures? please send a pm.

Hi there,

during the last weeks we have been asked frequently to offer cheaper delivery options. We ship with delivery companies, that we make good experience with, as we want our customers to receive their order as fast and reliable as possible. This shall remain so in future.

Instead of looking for cheap delivery options and motivated by yearly shopping events in Germany "End of Summer Sale", we have something better as a limited offer:
Free Shipping - WORLDWIDE.

Check it out and find more info on our website :)

Last edited:
Hi potstip,

sorry for late answer, feel free to contact us via our website - you'll get an answer during few hours usually :)
There's no need to use the LT3094 here - I prefer using exactly the same regulators to realize a balanced voltage / to increase voltage using two rails. You can reach your goal with two single rail HPULN's or with one dual rail HPULN - a voltage up to 30V can be adjusted.

Best regards

Stammheim

Hi there,

we launched our IB-CAP, an unregulated symmetrical or dual voltage output power supply for amplifiers and other applications.

What makes this IC-CAP power supply very special, is it's rectifier:
The LT4320 is an "Ideal Diode Bridge" controller that drives four MOSFET's resulting reduced power dissipation and heat.

You will find further information here.

Best regards

Stammheim

I am sharing my feedback on the realization of two linear power supplies with MPAudio products:
- a first 12v dual-rail power supply to power the 2 Supermicro motherboards of my dual pc, it consists of 1 transformer 12v 150 VA and the module ALD-HPULN PS
- then a second power supply 5v double rail to power a USB / spdif Engineered board and a switch, it consists of 1 transformer 6v 60VA and the module MD-HPULN PS
Listening, the two power supplies are really excellent, the results have exceeded the height of my expectations, the source of my hi-fi system has made a great qualitative leap.
Note that the modules are also very well manufactured
It's expensive (the whole 449 €) but the quality is at the rendezvous.

My satisfaction stops there since the quality of the commercial and human aspect is unfortunately inversely proportional.
Initially there was a lot of technical mail exchanges, even late at night and we, I get advice, MPA even offers me the free port.
Then when concluding the purchase, MPA tells me that I have to pay the port, despite the non-compliance with his commitment I still order.
From there radio silence, MPA no longer responds to my emails.
I then tell him to have indicated my satisfaction of his products on a forum, no reaction.
I still order the second power supply 5v asking for advice on the merits of my choice, no response despite several e-mails.
I ask him a delivery DHL deposit, it does but does not mention my name, result the package is refused and is return instance to the sender, I ended up recovering it with a lot of difficulties, still no response to my mails alert, apparently for him I no longer exists.
I find that his behavior on the human level is quite lamentable, in any case unworthy of that of a professional who owes a minimum of follow-up and consideration vis-à-vis his customers.
Before writing this report, I of course informed him of my dissatisfaction, no answer either.
I can not imagine what could happen if there is a problem under the warranty ....

Hi there,

many thanks for all your feedback here, I'm always happy to read any kind of feedback, if good or less. Each feedback gives us the possibility to learn and to get better. Our philisophy is to support within customer-projects. Our power supplies match and improve many applications, but there are some things to consider. That's why we proactively initiate conversation, and try to support during and after a purchase. And that's also, why we expand our FAQ & blog section, when we encounter new questions - for easier operating with our products.

@Rol33
As we have an own website / webshop, I'm not often here at diyaudio, usually for other / mostly private interest. That's why I red your post few moments ago.

Honestly, I feel like reading a feedback from a customer of an other shop. I have no idea, what the issue. In the last nearly two years of MPAudio we never had an issue, that we didn't solve, or especially stopped communicating. No one.
I also checked our spam, where I didn't find anything ending with your feedback. Last status is our confirmation about shipping from the second order, no incoming further info. We have also a popup-chat tool at our website, which you can use to get an answer in seconds. We're online each day, at least for some hours per day, leaving a message we answer asap, usually within hours.

Please contact us via contact@mpaudio.net describing your matter and I promise, that we'll find a solution.

Why I'm online actually is to publish following info:

We are offering a 10% off for all power supplies until the end of 2019.
Visit LT3045 "ultra low noise" Power Supplies for Audio | MPAudio for more info :)

Best regards

Stammheim

Last edited:
Hi there,

I'm happy to report, that we found the issue and a quick solution with ROL33 after few hours.
With that feedback I'd also take the opportunity to give following info:

- We ship to exactly that address, which our customers provide us. So please check the delivery address twice :)

- We will never ever stop answering. Usually we answer within a few hours, latest on nbd. If you won't get an answer, there is something wrong. We prefer the chat function on our website, which excludes any technical issues with email on both sides (seemed to be the problem in this case), and you get an answer at the same time, when we're online.

Best regards

Stammheim

Last edited:
Hi there,

Another sale after few days after the last one?

We were also amazed, how many customers had no time before new year's eve to take part in our last sale ;)
Instead of answering individual inquiries from the last two days, we decided to offer the discount again to everyone. That means 10% discount for all power supplies for all orders until Sunday, the 5th of January 2020.

Visit our website for more news and let me know, if you have any questions via our website.

Best regards

Stammheim

I tell you about my new creation with MP Audio modules.

It is a PC server / streamer produced on the basis of a Supermicro X11SAA card, an Engineered eRed-Dock Network card and a JCAT FEMTO card.

Daphile is installed on an Nvme Intel Optane card.

The 12v for the motherboard is made on the basis of an MPA audio grade 100VA transformer, the second MPA transformer is a 60VA to supply JCAT and Engineered cards with 5v.

I started by operating with a simple regulation with a LSIB 5A AC / DC module for the 12v and 2 ALS / DLS 5A AC / DC modules for the 5v.

I then moved to double regulation by adding an ALD DC / DC double rail module for the 5v and an ALS DLS DC / DC module for the 12v.

The double regulation brings a clear gain in quality.

The final result of this machine exceeded my expectations in terms of audio quality, in simultaneous comparison it clearly did better than an APL drive cd at 20,000 € ...

I am very satisfied with the sound quality obtained with the MP Audio modules, you have to plan a lot more to do better.

I also realized a double 12v power supply to power switch and router.

intzor12.jpg

100_1416.jpg