• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: „Ultra Low Noise“ Power Supply, LT3045 based PCB’s

hi
just a noob question. I need to reach some low voltages, 3.3V & 1.8VDC.
what's the best way to feed a SLS module :
- your transformer 4.2VAC => to a SLS AC version (given that after rectification you have 5.1VDC to feed the LT3045)
- or a rather good LPS like a zerozone, 5VDC output => to a SLS DC version
thanks for advice
Rgds

Hi Micheal,,
I've got a 2nd question :
As the datasheet mentions & you too, when we have 1 LT3045, we roughly need Vout-Vin=1V to get a decent ripple noise rejection.

The SLS has 2 rows of LT3045, thus a design with 2 LT3045 in series, so :
- on the PCB, do we have 1V diff beteween the 2 rows of LT3045 ? I think "yes" given the datasheet
- and so, could you please confirm that with the "special" PS, we need 2V diff between in & out, and not 1V like for the other PS you manufacture ?
thanks for reply
Rgds

Hi phile1,

the recommendation of the power source depends on your current need. In case of 2A for example and 1,8VDC output voltage that would mean 6,4W of heat - we recommend <4W max (less is better) in sum for passive cooled setups.

Usually we adjust the first stage to +0,8V additional voltage. As shown in the datasheet the Vdifference depends on the current need, for low currents a higher Vdifference can be set, lower for higher current. We recommend to set the Vdifference below +0,5VDC.

We have also published some measurements as well, which transformer voltage is needed to reach a certain V/A. Visit our FAQ :)

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via our website.

I'm not sure what you mean with the special PS?

Best regards

Michael | MPAudio

We recommend to set the Vdifference below +0,5VDC.

But actualy looks like below 0.5VDC PSRR drops rock bottom.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ppsr.jpg
    ppsr.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,029
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
True! Things are too narrow with only 0.5V. This is of course only possible with preregulation. With the standard diode bridge/filter cap combination it never occurs in practice.

With preregulation I would keep 1V difference as a minimum to keep the good specs of LT3045. You may ask what the purpose of the preregulation is when torturing LT3045 with only 0.5V :)

Last edited:
Probably some "primitive" THT pre will deal better with heat dispersion.

I'm actually researching topic of those chips. I need +5V,+/-12V power supply, each for more than 0,5A to 1A max. So I'm wondering what will be requirements for heat sinks with 2-3V difference.

Last edited:
Took equations from datasheet and it actually does not look bad with 2V difference, about 1W for 5V and 12V supplies. Even 3V doesn't look like a disaster.
Not sure if I have correctly set Ignd, but in case I'm wrong it should look even better.
attachment.php

Attachments

• dispation.jpg
    dispation.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 607
Last edited:
Hi,
I have a spare module, AC/DC.
I was thinking : why not using it on a rail to chain 2 modules (both AC/DC) to get a double regulation ?
Is it OK ?
Is a AC/DC module suitable for double reg and using it as DC/DC ?
Or no go because the diode bridge (or other component) in the middle will add noise thus this double regulation will be poorly efficient ?
Thanks
Rgds

Hi there,

I haven't been here for longer time, almost all communication regarding our HPULN power supplies moved to our website (and the integrated chat). So if you have any questions, suggestions, criticism or any other matters (especially regarding individual setup), feel free to contact us directly.

By the way, you guys might have noticed the Keysight University KickOff, where you can win test gear? If not or when you are interested, take part and support us using this link.

Best regards

Stammheim

Last edited: