• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Paradise Phono PCB Set

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Paradise Phono PCB latest Mods

Simon, one of the group member, sent me what are apparently the latest mods on the phono pcb: some parts are not needed (no problem to install them), a few are added for increase power supply stability and a few parts are changed. Check the pictures. They are easy to implement on the current pcb that was sent with the first group. So don't worry your pcb are still good to go. In fact I'm not using these mods and never had any problem myself.
This preamp went through a lot of different iterations. These mods will bring it current with the latest ones...

Mods list:
-Shunt stability mod 2x 470pf and 2 x 2.2n caps across the transistors under the heatsink.
-Werner's stability mod to compensate for lead inductance on longer psu cabbles: 2x 35v 22uf caps on the psu input pins and 2x .470n film caps on the outer PNP and NPN on the heatsink. Soldered emitter-ground.
-Use a J113 and 1k resistor in place of both sets of j310 and 3.3k resistor.
-Remove the diode, 1k resistor and 2sk170 from the input stage current mirror. These parts are a mistake, left in circuit from an earlier iteration of the current mirrors, they do nothing but cost money.

I'll put together a modified parts list and will send a copy to the first buyers.

I'll add these mods to the newest pcb batch.

Thanks Simon.

Attachments

• werners_stability_mod-3.jpg
    werners_stability_mod-3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Paradise_PCB_Annotated-2.jpg
    Paradise_PCB_Annotated-2.jpg
    648.1 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Simon, one of the group member, sent me what are apparently the latest mods on the phono pcb: some parts are not needed (no problem to install them), a few are added for increase power supply stability and a few parts are changed. Check the pictures. They are easy to implement on the current pcb that was sent with the first group. So don't worry your pcb are still good to go. In fact I'm not using these mods and never had any problem myself.
This preamp went through a lot of different iterations. These mods will bring it current with the latest ones...

Mods list:
-Shunt stability mod 2x 470pf and 2 x 2.2n caps across the transistors under the heatsink.
-Werner's stability mod to compensate for lead inductance on longer psu cabbles: 2x 35v 22uf caps on the psu input pins and 2x .470n film caps on the outer PNP and NPN on the heatsink. Soldered emitter-ground.
-Use a J113 and 1k resistor in place of both sets of j310 and 3.3k resistor.
-Remove the diode, 1k resistor and 2sk170 from the input stage current mirror. These parts are a mistake, left in circuit from an earlier iteration of the current mirrors, they do nothing but cost money.

I'll put together a modified parts list and will send a copy to the first buyers.

I'll add these mods to the newest pcb batch.

Thanks Simon.

Are we to understand that the next PCB you order will be 100% up to date?

If so, this project may be back on the table!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.