Free Parts Essay Contest

Parts.

I have so much. But I love parts. Thoughts of electrons, surging through the crystal conductive lattice, providing the ebb and flow of chosen mystical vibrations. My hand on the shelf, physically becoming whole with the power of the rows and rows of immaculately ordered bins, brimming with hope and promise. How much of the mighty potential of this collection will I ever be able to witness? To what pinnacle will the angel of creation take me?

And then you offer me more!! Yet more evil temptation, as my project list grows beyond sanity or even mortal comprehension. I must resist, must do anything I can to save myself and those around me. But alas, with Jezebel whispering in my ear, reminding me of the joy of small signal transistors, linear power supply parts, resistors, diodes, or capacitors, and feeling the revelation wash over me that all parts are surely created equal, especially when they come for free.

I am surely lost.

Reactions: 1 user
Yesterday me received invoice about declareable package from US, so me was thinking it is a headphone I ordered from US and declared it as such. Today I picked it up and thought that is smaller pack than I thought. Turns out it was package from Simon here.
Very nice stuff it is, I have never seen some of those parts before, like these brown based resistors. Also very happy about the ge transistor's small "datasheet", I think I wont even try to take it apart from original packaging, it looks too nice, heh. Big film caps are super nice to have. I have never operated the logicaal ICs before, but I'll try to now. The small Si BJTs (?)(45K 973 marking) and IOR Ge BJTs (TR 01A) I could not find specs for, also the RCA part of 101111, perhaps you know some ratings of those.
One thing I noticed, shipping is expensive in US, so I feel obliged to ask if you need some extra coin, at least to cover basic expenses of providing this nice stuff for me?

The small acorn tube is also something I have never seen. I wonder how it is usually connected to circuit? (Physical means here).

Thanks, man.

Attachments

• 161487964203031275526438865969.jpg
    161487964203031275526438865969.jpg
    945 KB · Views: 164
I already once received a parts box from you, which was great.

Not sure if I am greedy, (which I probably am, as long as it is not considered rude/unhealthy for society here), but I feel like writing another poem here, for fun.

Once again I am writing,
Composing words like wiring.
The components of sentences,
Are assembled into sequences.

My favorite part of this circuit,
Is the one of audible spirit.
As long as it is allowed,
I like when it is loud.

Not as loud as thundercloud,
Just enough to be called a sound.
It entertains my ears with it's waves,
Memories and records it repaves.

In my head they are built again,
I believe it's been a gain - gain.
Words and music nurture mind,
Conducting Nature aligned.

That is the meaning I try to see in this essay pact, as long as the structures are angled properly to conduct (the liking of audio, building) and there is a gain for our minds, it is a good assembly.

On the other hand I don't feel too good about taking and not giving. Perhaps I could send you a souvenir from my country (not related to audio, more for the eyes)?

Hey Ed, got my box today.

Theres some very cool stuff including nice mills resistors and some AudioCap rtx polystytene and tin foil 0.10uf that seem destined for bypass duty!
Alot of brand new chips, transistors, etc…..that i have no idea about, i’ll look them up and see if there’s anything i could do with them but if not i’ll repost what‘s left and mail them to the next feller that might need them. :cool:

Thanks again!

Only took two years to give away my first box of parts!

Time to clean up again so more stuff is going to be available soon.

PM me if there is anything you might want.

However to make it more interesting I have some mondo loudspeaker parts to give away this time, but it will take a great essay for those.