Focal Newform Utopia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Considering I will have 106 db at 25 hz with only 30w once two woofers are connected I am tempted to leave it this way for now and start to get things re organized in here. Its been kaos with all this speaker building.

The other option is to make large square ports and attach them on the outside of each cabinet. However I may not have room for them so have to measure.

so for the midrange driver focal audio 6wm I am looking at the possibilities.

Here is critically damped . Has anyone tried this? What did you find vs a larger cabinet? Any input appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 8.49.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 8.49.58 AM.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 133
similarly comparing the options for the focal 7w6411

The recommendation I received from the seller of this drive is in yellow.

Critically damped in blue.

Max flat delay response option is in red.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 9.43.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 9.43.00 AM.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 23
Done the woofers section. Must say it sounds fantastic and I haven't really done much in the way of measuring or adjusting the x overs, or running room eq yet.

I have hidden much of the bass cabinets behind my diffusers I made.

Attachments

• subs stacked.jpg
    subs stacked.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 54
  • system subs finished.jpg
    system subs finished.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 63
I have never heard that midrange but have seen it online. Always wondered how it compared to the W series stuff.

Does that crown amp have a fan in it? How do you find it in terms of noise? Does it distract you ? I am considering one for my project but I will be watching movies.

Cool project stickinsect! thanks for sharing!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.