• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Well i have no correct answer on what happened, maybe i will leave that to Andrey to clarify.
All i know that i'm waiting for the new updated modules :)

Hi!

My strong suggestion is to never ever play with whatever sources connected to your amplifier powered ON.
Power OFF your amplifier mandatory before playing with preamp, dac etc connectors/cables/wires.
Double check any bad connection possible issue on the input side of the modules.
I fried one module because of a bad cable connector on my preamp side, whilst amplifier ON.
Beside this, my amplifier has been working all day everyday of past year ..... best sound possible with my 3 way floorstanding speakers.

Good luck

Jmk

Well i think i hold the record for the most burned modules here.
Till this day i have burned i believe 20 of them, well half of them two or three times. Dont keep track of that.
And i can say half of them were burned during adjustment, and half of them burned during powering on, but i believe the cause is the input stage.

For now i have 8 of them burned, 6 of them died in my 6 channel black beast the same way as last time. I was tuning my active crossover all morning, changing cards and all was good. Every time when i did something i had the amp powered down.
And one last change was the final. Powered it on, load of distortion from speakers,and they all died, even when they are not connected between.

Well now when Andrey will change them to new ones i will build separate dual mono's in separate cases and will use them only on special occasions.

Still the best amp's i ever heard. and i do have access to some pretty good gear.
52657055_2595953140420183_670401655686037504_o-1.jpg

I dont say that the module design or something was the fault, some of them was my error some of them gear error. The only thing i can say that they are really sensitive. Ether way i have enjoyed the for i believe two years or more. With couple months of fixing between them.
And i believe i will enjoy them again, just have to wait for the new ones, and i need to build an amp with the L ones, because i still have 6 of them.