• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Attachments

• magico_m3_review_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_ - 1 (10)-1.jpg
    magico_m3_review_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_ - 1 (10)-1.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 435
Lazy Cat:
Are those Magico speaker cabinets made of solid cast aluminium?

Front and back, top and bootom appear to be solid cast aluminium.
Sides are made from carbon fiber.
Carbon fiber is in a sandwich like construction which fits in the long gap in the front and rear aluminium. Bolts go through the rear side and are bolted to the front side holding all parts together.

There are no other visible bolts on any other surface than rear.

It's always has been known the best sounding cabinet is made from wood. LC, you should compare the sound of your amps paired with professional speaker system.

Definitely not true, loudspeaker is not a musical instrument, as wooden cabinet with its resonances adds the sounds which are not suppose to be present in the electrical signal.

Class-D amps, are you joking?

Sorry, but it seems like nonsense, wooden cabinet has resonances and aluminum is not. It's was true for all reputable high-end manufacturers btw.
What do you mean by class-d amps?

AndriyOL, with all the respect, you are talking nonsense... PA is made for another purpose and even best equipment in that region is NOT intended to be used in the listening rooms. You are comparing apples and oranges...

Sorry, but it seems like nonsense, wooden cabinet has resonances and aluminum is not. It's was true for all reputable high-end manufacturers btw.
What do you mean by class-d amps?

High-End in general is the term for a puddle where all kinds of creatures are lurking, some honest some not. As told, we had major portion of them here, more than you know, and the story mostly is sad.

How can I compare my amp with professional sound system without compare it against Class-D amps?! Should I compare it to the professional speakers?

AndriyOL, please proceed the discussion via PM. Thanks.

Cheers, L.C. :cheers:

hearing is believing

Today we got brand new Magico A3 pair, first time unpacked and connected in the system. Voila, it looks they've made serious factory burn-in, from second one A3 sounds amazing, personally like them more than S3 Mk ll.

In our main Magico M3 system NAGRA HD PREAMP took its rightful place and rewarded us with peculiar Swiss delicacy. In a Roger Waters style we were amused to death. :spin:

Few more HD pics here

Attachments

• IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    983.7 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_0828.jpg
    IMG_0828.jpg
    897.5 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    877.2 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    947.8 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    922.2 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    981.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
AndriyOL, with all the respect, you are talking nonsense... PA is made for another purpose and even best equipment in that region is NOT intended to be used in the listening rooms. You are comparing apples and oranges...

With all the respect to you, what you are writing is nonsense. Another purpose than listen to music? :). We haven't talked about listening rooms, please pay attention to the subject.
All these fancy things are just dust in the eyes to attract observers which has nothing to do with proper music listening equipment. By looking on the drivers I bet they can't sound even close to top of the line speaker system from a reputable vendor.

With all the respect to you, what you are writing is nonsense. Another purpose than listen to music? :). We haven't talked about listening rooms, please pay attention to the subject.
All these fancy things are just dust in the eyes to attract observers which has nothing to do with proper music listening equipment. By looking on the drivers I bet they can't sound even close to top of the line speaker system from a reputable vendor.

Maybe I'm just clueless with over 30 years in music as the professional... but
Everybody is entitled to its opinion, so lets not spam the thread. :cool: