Finally, I've tried S&B TX102 TVC with a GC amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yesterday, I played a bit with ground connection on those transformers. There is distinct difference between hardwiring the grounds (from inpu to output) and leaving the ground floating (not connected). While hard wiring softens the highs somewhat, floating the ground provides for more bright and etchet presentation. So try both, you might have stronger preference for one of them.

It is also strange, but IIRC, with my first version of those transformers (19 tabs only) I couldn't float the ground, it is possible with the current version.

Yesterday, I played a bit with ground connection on those transformers. There is distinct difference between hardwiring the grounds (from inpu to output) and leaving the ground floating (not connected). While hard wiring softens the highs somewhat, floating the ground provides for more bright and etchet presentation. So try both, you might have stronger preference for one of them.

Could you explain what do you mean by floating the ground and hardwiring it?

It might be the language barrier that I'm not sure what you mean.

Is one case when the ground for channels go separate side by side with signal,and the other way when all the grounds meet at one point?

Bartek

zygibajt said:

Could you explain what do you mean by floating the ground and hardwiring it?

It might be the language barrier that I'm not sure what you mean.

Is one case when the ground for channels go separate side by side with signal,and the other way when all the grounds meet at one point?

Bartek

It means that the input grounds and outputs grounds are not connected together and the output signal is generated in the secondaries, with complete isolation from primary signal.

I'm not sure what it has to do with " sound variation you can get from just about any equipment if you mess up the ground wiring..."

It just two different ways of getting the ground signal, but why would one way be less "messed up" than the other?

nice

hmm allso mark levison parts. u finally used the selector knob looks good:smash:

i have more if you want em

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 514
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.