Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Hi guys

Thanks for the advice ..believe me that is more than welcome...;)
Today the LM Burson came in...maybe I test it tomorrow evening.

On my to do list is now first of all the AT&T board..so that I know what I am listening to in future tweaking
(Was also used in the old situation)...I expect a lot putting that one back in.:D

The tubes I expect that they arrive somewhere next week or so.....

I will keep the py500 in mind...:idea:

A pourly soldered cap and my shiga is dead :(

4 hours later I seem to have found the short to a nearby pad, but shiga is still not responding... Too tired to check more stuff now... I m praying that it s just the 7808 that is fried because of the short...

....yepp........been there....done that.......and the feeling sucks...completely in the dark...all that's left is toss it in the bin....:eek:

Thank God I managed to resuscitate it ...

I ve done some big changes though so it will be hard to test things before I get some grasp on the new stuff, the bigger one being trying to move to my Audio Research VS110 from my Electrocompaniet AW120 amp...

Not to mention the fresh and different caps on the shiga, and the dale attenuator...

Yesterday I implemented the AT&T ....

A psu 15v silicon diodes, blackgates and 7812 so a pre reg 12volt..than a Teddy SR 5 volt...

index.php

index.php

Well to be honest.....it was not what I expected.....:p:rolleyes:

Shure it was a bit more smooth...but nowhere near the difference I noticed a couple of years ago.

Maybe it had to do with the fact that I recently started playing with a Goldmund coax cable...I do not know....

The music of Haydn with Du Pre was simply wonderfull and despite the mediocre recording of the orchestra the cello is paramount in your livingroom...also the presence of Du Pre is captured like watching a movie.....

This is the reason why I want to go the extra mile...

index.php

Hi guys,

I promised to test an UWB Dexa DX7812.

Well to my ears this is a huge succes when implemented as a replacement of the "standard" 7812 in my pre reg-rig of the 5v line.

It simply sounded more musical and warm....

I bought another one and will test it on the motors...if the juice is not enough I will use it on my AT&T so no money overboard

So endresult of the jury "no-brainer" :snoopy:

index.php

Last edited:
Now that would be strange.....:D

I use it in front of my Teddy Pardo 5V super reg...;)

So you could say I use a super pre regulation for the chip.... :cool:

BTW..the elcos are NOT connected after the UWB ...

I reckon the effect could even be more as a mere substitute in the classic Shiga set up...exchanging the 7805...for the chip voltage...for a lot of forumguys.

You can probably not use it if you got only one powerline to feed 8 and 5 volt....
I do not know if a UWB 8 volt would work with his specs...but then again my low specced ALWSR worked excellent on the motors for many years.....you are on your own with that experiment.

Last edited:
Not much going on here....:D

Well I thought I'd share my tube-adventure

THEY ARE STAYING :D

It was achieved with the help of my audiomate to set the voltage right...that was abit of a trick.
Finally we came to know that we had to use a 50-0-50 transformer in order to get 17volt out of the tube to feed the 12 volt Dexa Super Pre Regulator who suplies the 5 volt Teddy Pardo...for the chip.

Results although all in the digital domain where pretty simular as in the analogue area...music lost a bit of its pointiness but instead came a bit warmer glow , call it musicality if you will (or if you are a a tubelover..."tubesound").

index.php