female musicians-

The Commander In Chief (Berit Hagen, Norway)

Zigeunerweisen

She speeded up the metronome so Thomas could barely keep up.

She is mainly known as a metal guitarist but does better with classical IMO.

Introduction & Rondo Capriccioso

Berit always plays an Ibanez seven-string, even her acoustic.
Her mother is her manager and videographer.

Por Una Cabeza

Song For Eric (her brother Eric).

She sings too:

Om Jeg Aldri Ser Deg Igjen
(If I Never See You Again)

Her mother (trained opera singer) has trained Berit in Bel Canto singing.

If The Dead Ones Could Talk

Just an afternoon?

I wish.

Spend far too much time there.

My excuse is that I can no longer attend live concerts. :(

Mary Spender is quite something, isn't she?

So, looks like I’ve been outed - should have said every and yes Mary is just another example of the breadth of talent that can barely be encompassed by the simplified phrase “female musician”

Time for some more Lola, methinks.

Now, speaking of shredding of sorts, who’da thunk the ukulele? I’ve posted this elsewhere, and while Jake is definitely not female, I’m particularly amazed by his work in this piece - live .
YouTube

Last edited:
XuFei Yang:

Concerto Aranjuz

I have seen her perform this, even in the same dress.
It may not be apparent from this video but she is a stunningly beautiful woman with a wonderful personality.
After the concert, she gave an impromptu free concert in the venue's mezzanine that if anything was better than the main concert. Signed my CDs too :)
She played this in the Aranjuez palace and an old blind man was in tears and wanted to meet her.
He was Joaquin Rodrigo and said it was the best performance he had heard, couldn't believe it was a fourteen year old Chinese girl playing.

Asturias

Aubade

Recuerdos De Alhambra

And for those of y’all who like yer live blues on the grungy side
YouTube
Samantha Fish and Danielle Nicole

Great bass solo from Chris Alexander

Christina Aguilara did a pretty damned fine version at the Grammys a few years ago, but I quite like Danielle on this
YouTube

On second thought, The Healers at Knuckleheads version nails it even tighter to the barn door.
YouTube

So, what’s the deal with left handed bass playing powerhouse blues singing gals, anyway?

Last edited:
Gotta give my earbuds a rest - been ODing on Samantha Fish and Danielle Nicole for the past couple of hours. Time for a little palate-cleansing Yanni? - nah, that’d be silly.

And yeah, the twisted faces and bulging arteries are big part of it for me.

Last edited:
I've just been for a long walk and dug out the headphones for my phone - not used in over six months.
It was in random mode so I never knew what to expect as I had forgotten what was on the card so many pleasant surprises. Sam Fish and Danni Wild there quite a bit.

A Taste:
Jet Airliner

Runaway

Grace Potter.
Cortez The Killer

Things I Never Needed

Stars
She does lots of different versions of this, all of them good.

Heart Of Glass
Cat Popper on Bass!