F5Turbo Illustrated Build Guide

They are???

pg_0001.png

Place diodes on same heatsink as Mosfets.

I strongly suggest cascoding if you use 32v rails.

Would you suggest retro fit cascode, for existing F5t, with 32 volt rails.
Regards

As stated before I am planning the PSU wiring on my F5T build, so far I have seen 2 "methods":

1: Wiring the FE board and the OP boars directly to the PSU (1 connection each)

2: Daisy-chaining, that is wiring the FE to PSU and then from the FE to the OP boards.

Question: IF daisy-chaining wouldn't it be better to connect the OP boards to the PSU and the chain the FE to the OP boards ?

I "think" the higher current in the OP boards should be connected first, at least this is what I have seen in other design (audio, but not power amp).

Thanks in advance,

Max

Hi friends
i have completed my f5 turbo project but couldnt set the bias. I ran out of trimmer turns. Dc offset is 1.8mv and didnt change during bias. Source resistor voltage stayed 0mv. Mosfets did not heat up.

I designed the amplfier two monoblocks each standard 50watts f5turbo. Fe board stuffed like cascoding. Each amplifier has its own 600va tansformer with +-35 volt dc unloaded.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
First doublecheck your wiring, you've got a lot that's the same color, it's easy to make a simple error.

Also verify that the cascode transistors are installed properly.

Is there a fan in that case? You will absolutely need one, those heatsinks are incredibly undersized for passive cooling.

First doublecheck your wiring, you've got a lot that's the same color, it's easy to make a simple error.

Also verify that the cascode transistors are installed properly.

Is there a fan in that case? You will absolutely need one, those heatsinks are incredibly undersized for passive cooling.

Dear 6L6
I checked the cabling will check again.
yes I have a 12 cm fan backside.

Did you mean by cascade transistors Q7 and Q8

They are Toshiba A1145Y and C2705Y

I am not sure about their orientation, did flat surface must look outside?

pls see the pic below (flat surface of the transistors looks inside)

Attachments

• EC13F3DA-70F3-43DA-8ED8-E75B7D748882.JPG
    EC13F3DA-70F3-43DA-8ED8-E75B7D748882.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 397
crackling sound during warm-up

Hi all,

I've some issues with my F5 turbo V2. All is playing very well, however I've strange crackling sound during warm-up on the left-side channel.

It is only the left channel, Power supply feeds both channels, so I can conclude this is not the issue. Right channel is playing silent and after warm-up also the left channel is silent.

Is there anyone who can tell where to start looking te remove this crackling sound. I thought of going over all solder-joints, however is this the right approach?:confused:

Nils