F5m kit

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Correct. Build a Stasis. Or a big Aleph. Or perhaps one of the Burning Amp variations.

Although Nelson has said, “There’s no such thing as a heatsink too big.”, this will work just perfectly in a 3U. It will probably even work in a 2U if you don't mind it getting quite warm to the touch.
So, I take it this version is cooler than original F5? Nice it can use smaller (less expensive) heat sinks, appears to make about same power...

So, I take it this version is cooler than original F5? Nice it can use smaller (less expensive) heat sinks, appears to make about same power...
I believe the original DiyAudio F5 design was biased around 1.3A and many built it with a 4U/300 and about 46 degrees C on the heatsinks. This design has options for 1.1A to 1.4A and smaller enclosure ‘options.’ In any case, this is dependent on heatsink size and how comfortable you are with the final temperature. For some folks 55 degrees is very, very hot (i.e 30 degrees above ambient).

So options are there with this one but as you know unless Papa publishes it and states that ‘it’s okay’, many newbie diy’ers aren’t intrepid enough to experiment :unsure:💪😉:geek:!!

Best,
Anand.

Last edited:
1708875187400.png

On page 7 of the revised F5m build doc. Just one correction: With 0.47 ohm source resistors, I believe 1.4A bias would render a voltage of 0.66V.

I think Papa was just making sure we were awake.

Best,
Anand.

Reactions: 1 users
It is marked out of stock

F5M Completion Kit

DiyAudio-F5M-Completion-Kit_75x75_crop_center.jpg

F5M Completion Kit​

Sold out
Current price$ 85.00
Availability:
Out of stock
Quantity

Sold out
Notify me when available

F5M Completion kit.

What's in the box?​

• 4 x 1K TRIM POTS
  • 4 x RES 270 2W
  • 2 x RES 22 2W
  • 4 x RES .47 2W
  • 2 x RES 10K .4W
  • 2 x RES 47K .4W
  • 12 x CAPACITORS
  • 2 x RECTIFIER BRIDGE
  • 3 x THERM 5A 10OHM
  • 4 x INSULATORS
  • 12 x SPACER 3/8D X .25L X .14 ID
  • 4 x SCREWS 6-32 X ¼
  • 4 x SCREWS M3 X 8mm
  • 8 x SCREWS M3 X 12mm
  • 4 x WASHERS M3

Customer Reviews​

Begs the question where were/are the boards and why is the kit listed without notification?
That is not what I stated.

We are aware it’s sold out, read the previous posts 😀

I asked where are the boards and why was the kit listed without notification???

It is quite obvious the store has it listed out of stock.