F5 power amplifier

Great news about the new F5 boards. I have a question about the links on this post. When I try to follow them, I end up at a Polish website, I am unable to navigate that site because of language problems. Any place else I could see these photos? Your layouts are so clean that pictures really tell the story. thanks.

As someone suggested me to use R-core transformers, and living in Japan, I asked Kitamura-kiden a quote for 320 VA R-core transformers. they asked 185 $ per unit. But what are the advantages compared to toroidal transformers ?
At the end for me is going to cost the same either to ship toroid from Canada or to have R-core locally.

Thanks,

Davide

I read (from a few reliable sources) that at least some manufacturers split the primaries and the secondaries so that each bobbin has half of all the windings. Symmetrical wound.
This virtually demands a screen to minimise the primary to secondary HF transmission via the winding capacitance.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
In different schematics I found different values for R21 and R22. On one paper I found 10k in another one 22k.

What's the recommended value for these two ?

I am trying R-core. I ordered only one to test it, as locally they ship almost for free.

D.

The actual value is 10K. Some have modded to 22K, discussion is in here somewhere! When I was ordering parts kits from Tech-DIY, they included both values.

Russellc