F4 power amplifier

ShinOBIWAN said:
Click on their names to enter the profile page then scroll to bottom and click add to ignore list.

Once you've done that this thread will stay on topic and you won't have to put up with the being called a 'whiner' for asking a perfectly acceptable request. :)

WOAH SO CLEAN NOW!!

Sorry Variac is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her. CRAP!!

So, who else has built the F4? I halted my construction - change of plans. I think I'm goin' with the crippled version. I'm concentrating on the PSU first tho.

E: and now that I have a set of those nice PD boards here > might as well start over anyway:)

Hey Choky, you like my mil spec lathe? Actually, it served on a battleship in WWII!:D

Whoa fellas!!!

Hey, I’m a noob. I admit it. And, I usually keep quiet, but against my better judgment…

One thing I really like about this forum is that it’s (almost) always positive, and it’s usually a lot of fun. It feels like friends, excited about common ideas, helping each other. I think we owe this to Mr. Pass and his generosity in sharing his designs, ideas, and spirit. We’re here because we share this spirit, his love of audio, and the desire to create beautiful music with our own hands.

I’ll admit I’ve had a couple of LOL moments over the last several pages. :D And, I think Marilyn is hot, hot, HOT! :hbeat: And, little green lathes are cute too. ;) Fun is fun, and I like fun. But, let’s not cross the line and get ugly. What would “papa” think?

Now we’re down to ignore lists? :rolleyes: Hmmm… I just hope that I never end up on papa’s ignore list.

just my 2 cents...

Sermon over :angel: and I'll shut-up now,
Looney

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
off course that is mistake ; so obvious that is irellevant

I don't think that this is irrellevant. What is obvious to one isn't to another. I tend to agree that some hilarity was OK here, BUT it is important to respect the other members. Best not to have your intoxicated party friends burst out the door and start accosting people like a gang.

Variac.

luvdunhill said:
very similar to my BOM, except I don't see what type of resistors you are planning on using... I was planning on using something like the IR HFA15TB60PBF instead of the MUR1560 devices. I also like those nice IEC inlets that have a switch, fuse, and some RFI/EMI filtering all in one little box, but I'm not sure how well those would work for a big power amplifier. Please post the price on the heatsink when you hear back from R-Theta!

I am getting through this slowly. I checked out the IR HFA15TB60PBF. It has a higher repetitive peak current rating so I will probably order these as they will be more likely to be useful in other projects. Thanks.

I looked at the IEC module you are using. Again you have convinced me that these are a good idea. I will be using your's as a baseline for my own.

Thanks
Jim