F4 power amplifier

I'm not as clever as ZM, if he had a far removed idiot cousin, and the cousin had a dumb dog, I would be the woodworm living in the brick!.. :D

...If we look for jt-123-flpch or lundahl lundahl oleh 1690 they ratio are 1+1:1+1 so these mean 1 input will 2x output ?...

1+1:1+1, this mean 2 identical windings on the input (primary) and 2 identical windings on the output (secondary), 4 identical windings in total. 1x in = 1x out.

1+1:2+2 = 2 identical primary windings with 2 identical secondary windings, each secondary has a voltage gain of 2 (and a current gain of 0.5 - assuming 0 loss), and obiously 1+1:4+4 = 2 identical primary windings with 2 identical secondary windings with 4x the output voltage on each secondary winding.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ZM , being double Gemini ..... is ZM together with his far removed idiot cousin together with first idiot's far removed idiot cousin together with second idiot's far removed idiot cousin together with ......

considering possibility that each idiot is possibly Double Gemini ..... go figure

:rofl:

Pocoyo , another question - you want balanced input on SE F4 , or you want balanced input to bridged F4 ?

as I'm understanding - in all cases with some gain from xformer ?

Yes, Gain x2.

1x transformer for each mono F4.

Brown = Ground
Red = Input
Orange = connect to Red
Yellow = Output

Note the 13K + 620pF on the output - see application datasheet https://www.parts-express.com/pedoc...line-input-transformer-application-guides.pdf page 3.

Connect the cap to Brown, not Orange; you may need to play with both values - I seem to remember a post showing the response with different capacitor values for the EDCOR in M2, err I think it was the M2 :scratch:

Yes, Gain x2.

1x transformer for each mono F4.

Brown = Ground
Red = Input
Orange = connect to Red
Yellow = Output

Note the 13K + 620pF on the output - see application datasheet https://www.parts-express.com/pedoc...line-input-transformer-application-guides.pdf page 3.

Connect the cap to Brown, not Orange; you may need to play with both values - I seem to remember a post showing the response with different capacitor values for the EDCOR in M2, err I think it was the M2 :scratch:

At last i bought JT 123 splch ot with 1:1:4:4
If i chose 1:4 so can i use for left & right channel ?

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
best and easiest way of having SE/Bal transformation is nothing else than - transformer

decent while still cheap ones - look at Edcor site , 10K variety

if you need help , just buzz here
I am really considering making something with tubes for the F4. You are saying balanced needed just for the power, right? Nothing should stop you from driving one F4 with a SE Aikido if that power is enough for you.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
octal vs. noval - one needs to choose own poison .......

generally - for F4 , everything decent , having gain of 20-22-25V/V is perfect for the job

less means no max power , more means unnecessary signal choking on the pot

I believe Aikido subject is beaten to death around , more than well covered on author's site , so just search

sov

Joined 2016
Paid Member
I'm building an F4 in a semi-permanent testbed using an external psu. Should I put a capacitor bank for compensation due to one meter power cables 3.5mm^2?
The PSU is dual mono with 400VA toroids and the rest according to Mr Pass general PSU. Other Ideas or comments are appreciated?

Attachments

• f4_semi_testbed_1.jpg
    f4_semi_testbed_1.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 368
  • f4_semi_testbed_3.jpg
    f4_semi_testbed_3.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 351

sov

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Thanks, Pass and ZM, for your inspiring knowledge.
ZM, those capacitors jumpstarted my imagination :)
Do Ducati 4.16.10 Series fit to this purpose?

Is F4 OK with +-25V from PSU?

Did I get the usage of capacitors?

Attachments

• rail_caps.jpg
    rail_caps.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 309
Last edited: