• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF DAC Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you happen to look for parts to build this Dac, please let me know.

Why I have extra parts:
I submitted an order to DigiKey, and the rep told me that they couldn't fulfill the order unless I pay COD or wire transfer, and this rep continued to tell me that they just couldn't charge me to the credit card. I told him to cancelled my order and I would submit another order. He told me that the order would automatic be cancelled due to no payment.

I submitted another order and was shipped and received. Today, DK notified me that this stupid was order was shipped!!! I probably can reject the shipment and return it ... But if anyone hasn't started ordering parts, I'll have some spare for you. If you are interested, PM or email me via the forum.

Thanks,

ok, so after much deliberation I decided to power it up... background hiss.. but no sound.. *sigh* . After L1 I read only 2.5V.. but L2 reads 5.0V... I already tried replacing L1 and still get the same reading. did I burn out the regulator? I'm new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
ok, so after much deliberation I decided to power it up... background hiss.. but no sound.. *sigh* . After L1 I read only 2.5V.. but L2 reads 5.0V... I already tried replacing L1 and still get the same reading. did I burn out the regulator? I'm new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Both (after L1 and L2) should read slightly less than 5V, check the regulator see if their position is correct then check the output pin on the regulator.

so u3 in reads 5V and out reads 3.5V. U4 in reads 2.45V and out reads 1.0V. U4 didnt look clean on soldering, so i removed and it and replaced with a new one. But still same readings as before and another note L1 gets pretty hot as L2 doesnt.

thanks for the help, really appreciate it

Last edited:
It sounds like there is a short somewhere beyond L1.

Remove U4 to see the symptom remains the same, i.e hot L1. If so,you can conclude there maybe a short at C16 or C17. If not, remove L3 and check again. The idea is to find out which stage this starts happening.

Good luck!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.