ELEKIT TU-8900 2A3/300B (Stereophile Review Available NOW - July 2023 Edition)

Oh, sorry about I didn’t explain what is the outline I mean ,The outline is for example if you listen to the pop music, the vocal shows a circle on center of sound stage , that circle is what I meaning of the outline . As you are the HiFi master you knew just change one components , it change the sound .

How much a pair of LL2785C cost . Thanks

Thank you for telling me about your comments!
This tube amp is the first time I owned and assembled by myself, for the soldering I m just a rookie. If desoldering the resistors may not doing well.

And I m so appreciate you telling me all the things about this tube amp ! This amp is so enjoyable

Yes.. It is available
TU-8900 with Lundahl Amorphous core $1945
46 x Audio Note Tantalum Resistors $5.25 each
4 x Takman 2% (3.3ohm and 8.2 ohm)
2 x AMTRANS 1% AMRG (15 ohm 2W) $9.50 each
2 x Audio Note Silver 0.1 600V $345 each
2 x Acrylic Bracket (to secure the silver caps) Free with Silver Cap

Reactions: 1 users
Potentially an odd question, but does anyone happen to know the Anode dissipation wattage for 300Bs on the TU-8900?
I'm considering getting a pair of Emission Labs 300B Mesh tubes, but they have rather specific requirements on the Anode dissipation being between 22-28Watts. Apparently, many 300B amps can run up to 40Watt dissipation for high output, which is too high for these tubes. Given the 8900 has auto-bias, I'm not sure how to measure the dissipation myself.

EM 300B Mesh Spec: http://www.emissionlabs.com/datasheets/EML300B-mesh.html

Potentially an odd question, but does anyone happen to know the Anode dissipation wattage for 300Bs on the TU-8900?
I'm considering getting a pair of Emission Labs 300B Mesh tubes, but they have rather specific requirements on the Anode dissipation being between 22-28Watts. Apparently, many 300B amps can run up to 40Watt dissipation for high output, which is too high for these tubes. Given the 8900 has auto-bias, I'm not sure how to measure the dissipation myself.

EM 300B Mesh Spec: http://www.emissionlabs.com/datasheets/EML300B-mesh.html
I think it doesnt matter what 300B you are using? as the current set by the resistor?

As I said TU-8900 is designed for standard 300B. There are so many good standard 300B in the market. Why take a chance to damage the power board?
I recommend to have Western Electric 300B... expensive to buy but cheap to use. There is no 300B in the market will offer 5 years warranty..

Reactions: 1 user
The TU-8900 does sound great with the pair of WE 300Bs I got around the same time I purchased the amp. I also recently built a Bottlehead PreeBee2 Pre, and looking to rotate 300Bs around to try out something different. I'll probably get a pair of the Emission Labs 2A3 Mesh tubes instead of more 300B for the Elekit. I've enjoyed EL rectifier tubes in the past and figured I'd give them a try for output tubes. EL like WE also comes with 5 year warranties.

After waiting for one year, the Stereophile review of TU-8900 is available in July Edition. If you subscribe Stereophile magazine you should receive the July edition any time. It is a fabulous review from Herb Reichert. I also thank you Mark's photo.

Herb... you are the Nobel man in my life...

Reactions: 1 user