ELEKIT TU-8850 SE KT170 SET AMP

Got it swapped and playing again. That was really quick actually. Took about 45 minutes.

I'm not crazy about glueing to the underside due to bad experiences in the past. Hot glue is great for a top mount but not underneath IMHO. More permanent glues can be corrosive and would make cap rolling difficult. Unfortunately the Miflex are too long to mount or glue topside. I'm happy with the solution I devised.

Hey Victor, haven't spoke in a bit. First, I love Fujita-San designs and sound. I also love your choices for the best cost to sound. I built 3 of the designs with standard/mild upgrades and "top of the line," stuff. Here are my thoughts... Trannies are the big gain. Victor is on point for bang for the buck, listen to him, call him, use him.

We all have 2 ears and a brain and none of us hear or interpret the same. Vic get's you in the 95-98% range with stock options.

Takman resistors:

Do the sound better or even have a sound? That's too long for my attention span. Let me tell you this, in the past I used them and still like them, but the last time I ordered, not from Victor; I found the tolerance for resistance was not great. In the past it was, but this time, my stock generic was better as to values. I was rather shocked as we are talking factor 10 price wise. It's not to say anything about sound, but some of them were off enough I made subs with, "lesser???" resistors.

My take away from this is go for the best trannies. I do not think spending $1000 for 0.001% (Better because it cost more) perceptions. Trust Victor, go with stock, but get the L- trannies. Listen for at least 3 months, then do one, and only one, upgrade at a time. The key is not to have preconceptions.

Start stock, resist the urge for instant gratification, it doesn't exist outside sex, even then... sketchy. Think of audio as a mountain, not a pizza. ;)

JT

Reactions: 1 user
Well I have to eat my words. Yesterday while listening I noticed some low level 120Hz hum (confirmed by my spectrum analyzer) coming through my speakers. As you guys suggested it was due to the long leads under the board. I took out the Miflex caps and put in the stock caps that came with the kit. In the brief testing I have done so far it sounds like all of the hum is gone.

Time to order a set of caps that will fit in the allotted space.

It is kit.. You can upgrade when you have budget. I do not recommend to upgrade something in between. You just waste of money..
Good Coupling cap is not really expensive. TU-8850 only has two coupling caps.. This is why I offer silver cap. If it is in TU-8600S, there are 4 caps. it is really expensive. In TU-8900 and TU-8850, there are only two coupling caps. It is very easy to use better caps.

I talkes to Lundahl this morning. LL3727 will ship out from Sweden on Thursday. I expect can ship LL3727 on next Wednesday.
I have LL3727 PCB yesterday. I can make the harness this weekend..

Reactions: 1 users
LL3727 + PCB + Harness will ship on next Wednesday
Clear Acrylic is free for preorder customer. ( Thank you for your support)
For preorder coustmers , your cost is $600. For new customer the cost is $675. Acrylic Top is $25
TU-8859 with Lundahl LL3727 is $1,795.00

Reactions: 2 users
While I wait until the LL3727 + PCB + Harness ship out next week, I am burning-in (200hrs by 10/26) Duelund Capacitor CAST-PIO-Cu and Russian K75-10 Hybrid PLIO. I also ordered Audio Note Copper Foil as I would like to try all 3 Films.

TU8850a.png

Reactions: 1 users