ELEKIT TU-8600S

Mainly, the new 8600 doesn't currently sound as fluid as the 8200. I can switch between the 2 almost straight away as a comparison. 8600 just sounds a bit clinical, everything is there in the sound, but I'm comparing an amp with 2 hours on it to an amp with hundreds. So am looking forward to the burn-in and upgrade tubes once the 8600 has been in use for sufficient time.

Mainly, the new 8600 doesn't currently sound as fluid as the 8200. I can switch between the 2 almost straight away as a comparison. 8600 just sounds a bit clinical, everything is there in the sound, but I'm comparing an amp with 2 hours on it to an amp with hundreds. So am looking forward to the burn-in and upgrade tubes once the 8600 has been in use for sufficient time.

I never heard 8200 and don’t know what parts you have in 8600, but as Victor eluded to, it does need break in. I had a stock 8600 with 2% Takmans and thought it sounded mediocre. I kept on playing it with 300B tubes I bought from Victor and it improved. I then picked up Mundorf caps, TKD pot and Lundahl opts and it transformed into a different amp.

I have all the good bits in the 8600 from Victor. It's a brand new build
I'm certain that once the hours of use climb it will surpass the littler' 8200 in every aspect.
Just posted what was essentially a first power on comparison. It will have a few more hours on it each day as it's the primary amp at this time. Then I've still space to fit upgrade tubes, etc...

I'm not great at descriptions, but wow. Had the amp on over the last couple of days (all day while at work) Playing randomly from a PC. Just used a little fan to make sure it stayed cool. Coming back to it now and having a good listen, what a transformation. About 30 hours of use in total and still using the gold lion/cosser combo. It's ability to play all the subtle bits, details, and incredible musicality. Amazing. The improvement over this short time is awesome. It is emotional.
Victor, how long should I give it before switching/trying the improved tube set I purchased from you at the same time?
This will be a forever amp.
I'll move my 8200 to work and sell off the ACA amp kit I built, ranking them according to the sound.