Earthquake PH10000D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
is it possible that these amps have problems with the power supply driver transformer?

Attachments

• 20160609_092339[1].jpg
    20160609_092339[1].jpg
    939.7 KB · Views: 140
amp came in with a dead power supply, found the 494 wasn't oscillating, replaced the 494 and when turned on it killed the remote turn on transistor. replaced the transistor, removed the 2 driver transitors, the 494 oscillates normally.
refit 2 driver transistors and it heats the remote turn on transistor very quickly and 494 does not oscillate.

When i fit the 2 driver transitors the remote turn on transitor gets extremely hot, the 494 was dead when the amp came in. I replaced the 494, the remote turn on transistor and the 2 drivers were both fine, but now when i turn the amp on the remote turn on transistor heats up rapidly, if i remove the 2 driver transistors the remote turn on transistor stays cool and the 494 osscillates as normal

I would suggest pulling the transformer and reestablishing the connections on the 494 side with wires. For the secondary windings, connect the two pads for each winding with a resistor or jumper. This will ensure that the FET gates won't float and cause the PS FETs to conduct. Do you still have excessive heating of the remote transistor?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.