Dx Blame ST - Builder's thread - post pictures, reviews and comments here please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No, I didn't.

I have "tested" the TOSHIBAs in another AMP.
They have a "warm and soft" sound, similar to the SANKENs, but less punch than the SANKENs and produce the "YAMAHA" - sound of the 90th.

MJL4281A/MJL4302A would be a great choice for the DX Blame as well.
METAL uses them. The OnSemis do not have the warmth of the SANKENs / Toshibas without sounding harsh at all.

But, Mario: these are only my personal listening impressions.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Well...this amp would probably be just what I need for my Seas Nextel 2-way speakers :D Have few questions also...

How much is the gain actually of Dx Blame amplifier? Also...could be any issues driving speakers loads, that have some impedance dips to 3 ohms?

Are there any K/W heatsink dissipation factor recomended for normal operation of this amp?

26 times is the gain..you enter with 750 milivolts rms and the output will

be 20 volts rms....but this is adjustable...we can have all the gain you want, and also adjust it to face preamplifiers having 8 volts output.

I have tried with 3.5 ohms and in parallel a 2.2uf capacitor..and worked fine..even with high frequencies and square waves entering...even clipping and saturating....but i cannot guarantee 3 ohms.......maybe.... i suppose yes..

regards,

Carlos

Concerning "Group Buy" for parts, Carlos:

This is something I will definitely do not.

I have 2 DIY friends, Ren in USA and EVETTE in Canada, whom I sent not only the DX Blame PCBs, but some parts as well.
The weight of the letters was > 500 gr and I had to declare them as parcels.

I sent the parcels end of July.
The parcels did not arrive until today.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Last edited:
I am opened to that...i would like...but i need people to do it

I have no pay pall to money transference, also i have not international credit card to receive money from foreigner countries...also not money to apply on that...i have time and good will.... but health not perfect now a days...i am just healing.

Board quality, of made in Brazil products, are worse than these ones you have in North America, Europe or South Africa.

I do think Rudi is already busy enought with the Dx Blame group buy.... this produces a lot of work and take a lot from our time... Rudi works daily, as he has expertise in computers..he has not time, even to the Dx Blame...imagine if he can face the Precision 1.

This amplifier, the Precision 1, and the HRII had group buys in the past, each one of them sold around 30 kits when we had Nordic around.... sadly, i have suspection he passed away.

I do have, at my home (the main appartment, not this one i am now that belongs to ex wife) the Gerber files in my computer HD.

The group buy:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/108456-destroyer-x-amplifier-dx-hdii-version.html

Nordic confused the letters...the amplifier is High Resolution II...not High Definition II....in this same group buy he runned orders to the Precision one and an delayed insertion manufactured by Nordic)

regards dear Evette,

Carlos

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.