Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe his layout is not well aligned too.

The big difference of behavior....say, your behavior to ask what i think is not the same behavior other layout designer hav ... he never asked what i think related details....and you did.

Alex made questions about the circuit...if correct or not, and have asked me to check connections....i do not remember if he asked me to say what i think about...maybe because he knows i do not appreciate long strips.;)

When we work in a cooperative mode, we have to accept that sometimes things does not match our personal taste.

The main target is "to give it a go" .....to make it happens, if matched with our taste or not is a secondary issue... if we want things perfect related our taste, then we should make it by ourselves...as i do not like to make layouts... then i use to be tolerant.... if no wrong technically i give it a go!

The real thing is that does not exist the perfect layout...this depends on taste...we can have the perfect one related technique only.

Example:

This one needs some fat in her body...she is a skeleton....lips too much thick..not a realistic lips...note 5 from one to ten scale...just average...others think she is wonderfull....personal taste!

Do not mind too much about my opinion....you asked and i have answered...you do not have to change your work if you believe it is good.

Alex board is not bad...almost 85% aligned.

The best board, in my opinion is Miguel Nabuco board made to the MKII Supercharged.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• angelina-jolie.jpg
    angelina-jolie.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 490
  • Not that bad...almost aligned.jpg
    Not that bad...almost aligned.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 477
  • Supercharged, Brazilian Mitchel's group.jpg
    Supercharged, Brazilian Mitchel's group.jpg
    755.7 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
I cannot assemble or listen to amplifiers due to the weather

We have 29 celsius along the whole year....but in the summer the remperature increases to 32 degrées and this is extremely unconfortable.

We can go to the beach the whole year...but this makes the heat even harder.

I cannot use the notebook because of heat it generates (HP Pavilion DV2000)

Here a picture from Rio de Janeiro...left hand one is my daughter....water in Rio is cold...almost 13 degrées celsius...but here it is warm...above 25 degrées celsius (Brasil Northeast)

Visit Brasil folks...if you wanna be cooked!

And build a Dx amplifier...they are "hot" despite operates warm.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• hot here....summer, daughter is left one.jpg
    hot here....summer, daughter is left one.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 385
  • MKII Supercharged.jpg
    MKII Supercharged.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
Oh My Goodness,,My maid had a daughter that looked like all 3 of them put together.:p:p:p What a fool I was to just do my work and forget the beauty around me:mad: :headshot: Oh well It,s ok I,ll just go my merry little way and be happy with what I have,,I have My dog and my little Evette These tmo really love Poppy. This is worth more than all my transistors and tubes I have.:spin: Keep Sending me your warm feeling I feel better already. PS why don,t I have those circuit boards? And Would you like 2000 lbs of ice? This will cool you off. Evette

Yep, we spend the life earning money when the best things life provide

are for free ... we look and we do not see what is before us.... am glad i wear glasses.

Some ice from you two would be great here...today i will walk 2 miles to see my girls with the sun in my forehead...i will became red and then black because of sun tanning.

Picture is Dx girls...they amplify my spirit.

About maid...yessss!...i remember.

heheheheh.:)

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Blame ST, Supercharged and MKII.jpg
    Dx Blame ST, Supercharged and MKII.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Dx girls.jpg
    Dx girls.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
It is much better ... congratulations, you hava fixed a lot o things

But several other things remained unchanged:

- Supply condensers can go up
- Lettering can have same size....small size
- 10 ohms resistor remained vertical
- Too much holes for the input capacitor is still there
- 150 ohms resistor is too much big
- Power emitter resistors too much big
- Big supply filter condensers continue too much low in the layout...touching screws
- Output resistor continue inside the coil

But the overall image is looking much better this way you have done.

Thank you,

Carlos

Last edited:
If you apply the correct supply voltage to the amplifier when the output bias is turned down to minimum then you can start setting up your amplifier.
Using Carlos' method.
Power down and insert a 100r in place of the +ve rail fuse. This 100r could be soldered permanently across the fuse holder terminals so that all you need to do to set up the amp is remove the fuse.

Can someone tell me how many Watts the 100R resistor should be?
I also need a 100R in place of the -ve rail fuse I supose.

I only need insulation (see picture) for the 3 TO220 housings on the big heatsinks, I don't know the name :)
Next weekend I test the amplifier, then I have all de parts also for the light bulb tester.

Regards,
Rudy

Attachments

• isolatiebus.jpg
    isolatiebus.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 350
  • isolatie busjes.jpg
    isolatie busjes.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 344
Just a few photos so you all can see how far the construction now is ;)
Please can someone tell me how many Watt's the 100R resistor should be, then I can place the order

Regards,
Rudy

Attachments

• 20120108_203102.jpg
    20120108_203102.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 316
  • 20120108_203221.jpg
    20120108_203221.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 290
  • 20120108_203953.jpg
    20120108_203953.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 281