Dx Blame ES .... based into the Blameless, i am trying a new amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's looking good Carlos, a nice amplifer and another interesting thread. I am really feeling the ClassAB pulling me back from my Class A project. But it's still cold, snow, dark and so the Class A is still on the front burner. But later, it will get warm and it will be BBQ season again and I will have to revisit this thread....

I am happy with these news dear Funky2x... what happened is good

Shows and prove, that wiring matters.

Also boards copper tracks matters, there are rules, and Taj knows these rules and he use to obbey...i have not created these rules, i just obbey them too.

Copper tracks must be short, parts must be close one each other but never touching one each other (exception are the differential transistors, these can touch case to case, it is good when they have same temperature).... enormous distance from input to output is mandatory (have too)... carefull about radiating antennas alike the output coil, big distance from copper lines to the nearby ones, to reduce capacitances (each line is a capacitor pole.. air core capacitor)... carefull about line lengthes (each line is an inductor, and this increases with length)... and never use 90 degrêes, as this increases inductances and produces printed circuit board coils, that tunes receivers and transmitters and usually put transistor into oscilation.

Always prefer an ugly jumper instead to run a long way of copper track line.... to avoid inductances and capacitances.... to cross connections is much better than to run them in parallel..runing in parallel you have coupling..crossing you have not.

If we can, never use electrolitic condensers, these animals are coiled inside...a big trouble they are.

Thick lenses only to power the output colectors and grounding lines.

Parallel long line are for computers.... they can oscilate..well..they work oscilating into the clock frequency.

The good board use to be small and ugly, and when looking,you see input at left, output at rigth, positive use to he up and negative use to be down... exactly the same you see in the schematic..doing this way, line will be shorter in length

When you can, better to install a low speed transistor to slow down the circuit..this will avoid the whole thing to oscilate..the one will not oscilate..because cannot...so..the whole thing will not oscilate too.

Following these basic rules... we do not have troubles.

Not mine rules..i have learned year by year.

regards,

Carlos

Yes Bigun.... crossover distortion is better when we use class A

But power waste and heat bothers me a lot... i just cannot stand for this... well...here is too much hot.

I was thinking..while listening music, using class A, people could put an egg over the heatsink to cook them while listening

ahahahahah!

And this is good for a barbecue.... some potatoes may cook too...also above the heatsink, but in slices not to delay too much.

Then the egg already cooked can be opened, the yellow part will receive two drops of lemmon juice, and them olive oil and smash that... put some salt an mix with your potatoes when they are ready....hummmmmmm lovely maionaisse to eat together the barbecue.

hehehehehehe.

enjoy class A...superior sonics..but only to snowing countries.

regards,

Carlos

Picture please Funky2x, or people will think you could not fix

... and said everything fine to "close the subject" ... folks may think you give up to discrete, in deep crisis, depressed and thinking to kill yourself you decide to abandon your roots and to join Chip amplifier thread...ahahahhah!

they will think that now a days you're building Chip amplifiers, adjusting snubbers and testing golden caps.:) to make those small black bugs (chips) to sound fine.

I am kidding, some chips sounds fine... i have some of them here....just to start something... blue T shirts to discrete and red T shirts to chip amplifiers..hehehehe..competition!

Picture shows some guys that failed to fix their amplifiers.

ahahahahah!

Carlos

Attachments

• bebado.jpg
    bebado.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 316
  • bebado2.jpg
    bebado2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 314
  • Bebado 3.jpg
    Bebado 3.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Prepare yourself to face strong emotions dear Zharmo

This amplifier is the best unit i have ever listened to.

The Dx Corporation thank you by the preference and guarantee you will never regret.

But.... you board seems different, not the official boards, and i could see small distance between some copper tracks.... i wish you luck...but you may face troubles.

Guarantee goes to the official boards made by Taj, other boards, are luck adventures, may work fine or not... i hope your unit result fine.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Sometimes we face problems...you see, Funky2x had problems, and maybe because wires

and coaxial audio cables....your amplifier seems good, you seems to be skilled, your capacitances are in low sensitivity stages, this means to me you know what your're doing.... current gain stages are less problematic than voltage gain stages.

Good luck.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Distances.jpg
    Distances.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 145
  • This is more realistic.gif
    This is more realistic.gif
    26.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
One channel is live!

lucky me... one channel of my DX BlameES is live... just work! :cheers:

Connecting output to speakers, put music source to input, connect to PSU... then power ON! ... loud music goes to the speakers! :yikes:

No thumb, no noise, just nice and clear loud music :worship:

Not yet measurement, nor bias setting... later... enjoy music first :up:

Attachments

• dx-l1.JPG
    dx-l1.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 340
  • dx-l2.JPG
    dx-l2.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 326
Congratulations, you are skilled...you have made your own board and could succeed

Your sucess is my happyness...thank you very much to let me know.

This amplifier sounds almost perfect....adjust the tone from your computer, for instance..and you gonna see the bass punch shaking your home.

There's no other amplifier alike this one...i have never have listened so good sound before..reason why i am substituting all my amplifiers by Dx Blame ES.

I am very happy and dancing, the way my people use to do when happy..see the picture and the video is in my signature, the link below this page... TAP airline employees made the show in Rio de Janeiro International Airport, Galeão or Tom Jobim Airport

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Soon, Airport amplifier will be Dx Amplifiers.jpg
    Soon, Airport amplifier will be Dx Amplifiers.jpg
    697.4 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
Dear builders...bias suggested is only a suggestion..something have worked here

It is a start up bias only...may be good, may be reasonable and may be bad, depending your transistors and voltages.... first you adjust to the preset suggested voltages and then go tweaking, listening and evaluating..if have a Scope will be better to inspect crossover distortions.

Keep one channel standard, with the suggested adjustment and then go tweaking the other channel for sonics.... you must keep one as reference and must listen that one too..alternating from one to the other..because you may fool yourself while doing that..thinking have made something better but you may be destroying the sound and without a reference you may lost yourself.

If people misadjust both..then they lost the reference, and it is better to return one of them to the bias suggested...then tweak the other listening...when too much low, you gonna have crossover distortions..when too much high you will have dull sound, loss of definition, too much warm sound.

Also, it is a good idea to measure the power transistors to be sure they are conducting..some milivolts DC must be over the emitter resistances...1, 2 or 3 milivolts must be there, and this means your transistors are conducting.

Also, give a check in all transistor's VBE voltages..these voltages must be higher than 500 milivolts and smaller than 640 milivolts... adjust you bias to have the output ones reading more than 500 milivolts..but do not advance further... having some milivolts over emitter resistances..then it is a good idea to stop unless you find better sound increasing even more.

My brazilian friends had small diferences, but all then have adjusted inside the limits suggested in this same thread, also in Greg Erskine site.

regards,

Carlos

I do not know about you, but i use to clean my ears once a month

There's a natural protective human wax inside.... my rigth ear produces a lot..left ear does not produce too much...my rigth ear is sensitive, an ear plug results in infection, so, i never use Ipod and ear plugs because of that.

Doctors said, medical doctors, that we should not clean our ears...hehehehe.... maybe his ears, but i will be deaf in my rigth ears 6 monthes passed because the excessive production of "wax" in this rigth ear.

I use to clean using cotton swabs (clean ones, non poluted ones, do not touch the cotton tips) dampened with Lidocaine or Xilocaine and antibiotic with some liquid vaseline oil.... this removes was can i go listening better, and louder, high frequencies.

Believe it or not...i feel difference, even moving my fingers or hands one against the other i can listen much better the noise, also when i touch my hairs...details comes better....ahahahaha!..maybe oil lubricate sonics!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Clean ears.jpg
    Clean ears.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 231

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Doctors said, medical doctors, that we should not clean our ears...hehehehe.... maybe his ears, but i will be deaf in my rigth ears 6 monthes passed because the excessive production of "wax" in this rigth ear.

My doctor showed me an excellent way the clean ears. He said putting the cotton sticks in your ears is very dangerous and not very effective. (I think that's true.) I've been using his method with excellent results.

1) in shower: squirt liquid hand soap into your ear; squish ear lobe around to distribute it
2) facing away from shower stream, turn head so water stream goes into ear canal. Adjust head angle for loudest water sound
3) repeat in other ear.

He said this is not dangerous and really cleans well. The soap and warm water dissolve the wax and evacuate it.

It really works well.

..Todd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.