Dx Blame ES .... based into the Blameless, i am trying a new amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another PCB

My version PCB of DX Blame ES Amp

Attachments

• dx-blame.PNG
    dx-blame.PNG
    64.5 KB · Views: 298
  • Dx0.JPG
    Dx0.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 293
thank you very much Beto.... Zharmo, i would like you building

your boards to test them, and them we can offer as an optional board to the Dx Blame ES.

Without previous test it is something we cannot trust by several reasons.

But was kind from you to prepare boards for us, and to show your board to us.

Thank you very much.

best regards to the good people from Indonesia, several from your place have built Dx Amplifiers

Official boards, from the Corporation, are boards made from Greg Erskine, Alexmm and Taj, mainly Taj that is producing several boards..others can do their own style, also publish, but will receive the Corporation "reliable,you can trust" if tested real world

Carlos

Last edited:
I was showing to my Orkut group the V/I limiter action

The difference in volume, the dinamics you listen here, is impossible while using V/I limiters.

But, there are certain conditions, huge power, not enougth room to install 30 pair of power transistors ....no condition, no room to install fan blower.... cost restrictions.... and then you have to use the V/I limiter.

I will never use...but you can use if you want to be more safe...sound will be worse, but you may tollerate if this will reduce cost, size and risk to your amplifier.... design decisions, up to you.

YouTube - Dx Blame ES, the best sound!.avi

regards,

Carlos

I see you are around Andrew T, i am not reading you anymore

Take a good and confortable chair, and say all you want...an try to feel good with this.. i am not reading you anymore, and this is not very good because you are a very skilled guy...but, watching by other point of view, i will be feeling better without read you...i will be keept happy as usual.

So, i hope you are doing fine, i am fine thank you....and i will continue this way.

In the future, forum management will allow thread openers to decide the ones cannot post in their threads, in the name of peace, to avoid disconfort..i hope they perceive that, and soon, as a good thing to be done, as this avoids problem, disconfort and bad feelings between us.... forum users.

Sadly, for sure, the ones voted to give this power to thread openers, are not in big number...so..maybe this will delay to be applied...or not aproved as this reduces moderators action....votes, for sure, were applied by the ones works hard opening threads, and usually felt bothered by some guys that exceeds the limits of education and respect dedicated to the others.

I remember someone that had 999 in his nick name, the guy disturbed so long that Graham Maynard that he gave up from the forum...now a days he appear from time to time, in the speaker forum...we have lost a lot..then 9999 was banished, but this was too late for Graham, he had not, anymore, the interest to share his special knowledge with us....if thread opener could block 9999, then we would have Graham in our forum... and for us, the forum, the entire communitty, Graham was a lost 1000 times bigger than 9999.

People said, i am not sure, the guy was a garbage colector, very frustrated with his life, and sick of envy decided to destroy the thread..and he succeded....forum management is 99.99 percent fair...but we have 0.01 percent...exactly this 0.01 was their lack of action related Graham....i think Cal Weldon was not, those early days, in our forum..... i think Cal would point this double barreled and will say... Stop!

Volker/ekkart..when i do not appreciate someone, i use to be very clear... you were desperated by that strange behavior in the Bias, something you felt strange... alike me, and alike the kid i am , the kid we are, you felt bad and told, by accident, something annoying..just that...all rigth between us dear Volker.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
How can a VI limiter disturb sound when it's not being activated?

How can your amplifiers whitstand a too low load impedance (like a damaged speaker) or an accidental short circuit without a VI limiter?

My highest power design includes not only peak and long term RMS current limiting, but a little circuit that continuously checks for shorted output transistors and gate drive integrity and shuts down the entire circuit immediately in case of malfunction (plus there are error codes displayed as led blinks). It has already prevented a few explosions, particularly at the factory where the amplifier is now being assembled and tested by people that don't fully understand how it works ;)

In other words, you fear protection circuits while we just enjoy them :D

Last edited:
More boards were mailed from São Paulo to Recife.

tomorrow they will be here.

Boards were made by Avtomat Antonov Popov kalashinikova

First picture is our Orkut Consultant, an skilled Electronic Engineer, the one works for Brazilian Petrol Company (Petrobrás)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 270
  • 212.jpg
    212.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 241
  • 313.jpg
    313.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 238
To inform you, what is going on, about the new Dx Blame ES

the one to be delivered in march, 28.

No good results till this moment, i have increased input impedance (to reduce input capacitor), also applied to the prototype, and tested, several forum suggestions... result, till this moment is very bad....not only each modifications separatelly, but also combinations.

If continue this way, if nothing changes till march, then will be cancelled.

Was observed, no good room for driver's heatsink, touches resistance leads..some dangerous there, we need to use heat schrinking tubes to insulate some resistance leads to avoid touch live heatsinks.

When we use the very standard BD139/140, we have live (with voltage) heatsinks, as colector is conductive, has a metal tab...this is dangerous and also result some capacitance from that colector to other circuit points..better to insulate all transistors from heatsinks for a while.

Several builders have pointed that to me..his worries about. (Luka, Kalashnikova, Beto, Sergio)

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
My design

This one, dear Carlos,

is "my" interpretation of your Blame ES:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is a "Man's AMP", not a "Girl's one", a "Brazilian AMP", sitting on a 7Kg Aluminium heatsink, able to produce >100 Watt.

This is the left channel of your BlameES.
I call it "Lilly", not yet completely ready, not yet powered on, the right one following soon, called "Rachel" - so be aware!

This is "my way" to DIY, not taking too earnest, live the life (being ruled by women), like the music.

Maybe you will call me "crazy".

"This is the way the cookie crumbles".

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos (formerly: Ex-Vice Admiral of DXCorp Intl. German Division)

Last edited:
Yeah!... an amplifier for "macho", must have picture of women!

Your resignation was not accepted by the Corporation Board.

They decided that if you want to keep yourself distant from you charge, you can take 30 days in the Corporation Hotel in the Island of Marguerita, Venezuela.

Board has not accepted the Casttle of Wollfenstein keys back,also your mansion in Berlim will continue to be keep by the Corporation and the White Rolls Royce and three Mercedez Benz...also you should keep your employees in charge.

The Corporation does not accept resignation from Top Executive partners, in the special the ones have a big part from our Corporation.

Your personnal expenses "quota" was doubled, also your Secretary, Lili, will be back to your office.

ahahahahahah!

Carlos

regards

Last edited:
Will work fine, i am sure, we have several units built without any problem.

so, there's no reason not to work fine.

At least you do not have repeated the same mistakes... this happens with me...i hope you are better than me.

The more skilled we are, bigger the danger, as we do not care about details..beginners goes crazy about capacitor lead distance from board..they check several times... we don't!

Good luck dear Funky 2x

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Boards and parts received from Brazilian Corporation Members

From Marcisium Laboratories - the active filter to the Dx TriAmp

From Avtomat Renatov Antonov Kalashnikova, boards and components for 2 Dx Blame ES and one Dx Standard.

YouTube - Antonov boards factory & Marcisium Labs

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Avtomat Kalashnikova.jpg
    Avtomat Kalashnikova.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 234
Parts in place, next is to check in advance to apply solder.

So, maybe tomorrow, if my family give me a chance, then i will finish.

Power transistors you see, are not the correct one.. the one you see will not be used...i have installed these ones only to produce a nice picture...i have to select, and decide, the power transistors to be used.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Parts in place!.jpg
    Parts in place!.jpg
    949.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.