Dx Amplifiers back home, Dx Classic II and DxSII is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
My amplifier is simple, is based in ancient design deeply tuned ...

Sonic results are awesome if you tune it correctly...the published schematic, as i told in my videos, are only a reference, the skeleton, the topology, values of resistor and capacitors and also transistors should be adjusted in order to make it sound special... the standard circuit is just a little bit above average quality products if you understand LM3886 integrated circuit as average.

In my country i have faced problems related people trying to copy my schematics or to make associations with me due to my known name... some of them tried to profit based in such kind of tried but dennied association...others made pcboards and tried to sell and i faced them with big strenght.

Some few others tried some fake friendship in order to make me introduce, evaluate and promote their own designs....i also have dennied.

This created hate..... some people if cannot profit on you try to reduce your importance in the community....you know how this works as you are adults and knows the world we are living....my country is worse than yours, sadly it is as my people has extreme creativity that goes to the evil side, with corruption, lack of honesty and strong ignorance..... gladly not all...maybe 60 percent of the population is savage.

Circuit is simple and all of you are able to evaluate watching it...there's no secret about that...other reality is that sounds good as you know this also and the ones do not know can give it a try.

I will not answer the gentleman that is doing ugly thing in our forum as i have a respectable name to protect being old and active in this forum from 2004 til 2015 continuosly. Hundreds of posts and more than million hit's threads... so i will not read or answer this young man trying to find a good place under the sun... not to give him the space on stage he wants in order to produce an ugly debate...no room for him.

Others haters may come....this is normal in my life as i have passion and due to my huge activity i call the attention of these kind of person...so, alike a magnet i am attractive to them.... sorry by that....just ignore them and we will go ahead.

regards,

Carlos:)

Last edited:
Yes.... there are some differences.

Dx Classic and DxS are low part's count amplifiers, made in special to Brazil were people has low minimum salary, was made to be cheap and offer a limitrophe performance related what is considered as High End specifications (THD lower than 0.1% full power at the threshold of clipping for instance).

Dx Super A is a very low distortion unit, pcboard made of fiberglass, higher part's count, a more sophisticated Voltage Amplifier Stage, a higher class performance and a different sound signature.

Dx Classic II and DxS are more the to the Brazilian musical taste...bass and drums low frequency sonic signature (despite flat in electrical response)

They are different.... both are good buy plays different....if you like Dx Super A bass performance do not even think on Classic or DxS...but if you want more present bass..... it is an option to you.... DxS also can operate with a subwoofer filter (active low pass filter using Op amp) and is very good for subwoofer applications as can provide you a very resonable output power and
a very low distortion that matches the Super A

regards,

Carlos

How this stuff started.

I was recently retired from my Government Job and doing a nice work inside
youtube, i had a channel with 4 thousand subscribers.

Then, one day, i have decided to produce a cheap amplifier, a good audio quality, entering High End classification.... i made for fun....then a dozen guys came and ask if i can build for them.

See what i make down 2016

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DSCI0188ssssssssss.jpg
    DSCI0188ssssssssss.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 462
Those "DX" amps are very primitive and incompetent copies of "blameless amplifier" principle by D.Self, in pure basic form and without understandig principles what is realy needed to make it for objective top performance. Here are many fundamental mistakes and problems (e.g. poor behavior in limitation, instability and a lot of burned amps after realization..) Never published any serious measurements , only incompetent claims and "funny" videos as proof about quality for authors "fun club". Any complaints simply ignored . You can ignore person who brings facts, but you cannot ignore those facts. They will always catch you. :rolleyes:

Audiophiles, Electronic Technician, Audio Amateurs, Students.... a lot of folks

Filled with hugh enthusiasm came to order and started to join pcboards to create an amplifier.

Was nice to see people building their own enclosure with some precious wood..solid wood.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_20160522_133407394.jpg
    IMG_20160522_133407394.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 342
  • [000229].jpg
    [000229].jpg
    940.4 KB · Views: 318
I show people how to calculate Transmission line speakers

And this encreased sales a lot...hundreds were shipped..... assembled and tested amplifiers only.

Here you se a friend that build to me the T Line enclosure....wood we found in the trash box.

I am using it now a days...the best speaker i have at home.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• [000293].jpg
    [000293].jpg
    583.5 KB · Views: 498
Soon i will be showing you the DxS

This one is bigger, sounds better...distortion is lower...sound signature the same..it is almost the same circuit with small modifications into differential and VAS....two output pairs, new supply voltage.

You gonna see and listen to it...will see how it is flat and i gonna measure THD.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-01-14 at 11.50.17 (3).jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-01-14 at 11.50.17 (3).jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 520
Hello Carlos,

Welcome back. I have 4 Dx Super A and 2 Dx Reg boards to build up (bought in 2014). If built with good quality components, will there be a lot of difference between the Super A and the new Dx Classic and DxS.

Regards,

Myles
I made a DX Super A when it appeared and this amplifier sounds great. Comparative tests have been done with Advance Acoustic XA-160, the result is that DX Super A is very close in terms of sound quality of Advance Acoustic.

Those "DX" amps are very primitive and incompetent copies of "blameless amplifier" principle by D.Self, in pure basic form and without understandig principles what is realy needed to make it for objective top performance. Here are many fundamental mistakes and problems (e.g. poor behavior in limitation, instability and a lot of burned amps after realization..)
My DX Super A has been running for a few years without worrying about reliability.

;)

I have tried recording using my daughter's Iphone 7

Here is a small video file from youtube;

YouTube

Despite i have adjusted the volume too low, it seems this cell phone produces a nice audio recording. I have listened more brigthness on trebles, naturally, also Youtube's compression will erase top high frequencies too.

But it is sounding clear as crystal.... distortion a little bit less than 0.01% THD:blush::blush::blush:

regards,
Carlos

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Carlos,
distortion a little bit less than 0.01% THD
Interesting. The Symasym performed better than this. What are you using for a sound source and what is the distortion of this? How about your distortion analyser?

Since you are successful building amplifiers, you should buy an RTX-6001 that we just had a group buy on. You missed it by 9 months or so, somewhere around there. It would allow you to make very meaningful measurements. Even an old HP 331A ~ 334A would make this number, and an HP 339A has a residual of 0.0018% if it's working properly. But you have to have something that will give you reliable readings. Something that can be duplicated by someone else.

Best, Chris

Happy to listen from you dear Anatech

This unit, the Meguro, works great.

I bought it used, naturally, as it is old but measurements are matching Multisim simulator. The company that sold it to me has expertise in repair and maintenance of precision instruments... this is their job. It is stereo, so we can check if there's consistence in between channels and if it matches my simulator.

My audio source distortion is around 0.005%.... it is a notebook using tones generated in Audacity software and saved as PCM. My tone generator is very old and distorts a lot...around 0.3%, reason why i avoid to use it. A very nice tool....we have not to make multiple adjustments, to tune, to find null, to change scales and to zero meters.....it analises and directly display the distortion.... as soon as it matches multisim distortion analyser i am not suspecious about it.

I am needing informs how to subscribe myself into vendor's bazar..if i have to pay for the space and how much to pay...also where and when to pay... maybe you can give me some help about it.

I hope you health are fine or at least controlled and stable and having a peacefull and sweet family life.

My personnal email is carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com and gonna be a pleasure receive some news about you....one of my prefered senior moderators.. do not know if you still doing that job for our forum..i hope not as this may be hard and boring.

Do you have some news about fair moderator Weldon...... well done man...always doing the rigth thing.

On time.....already checked....still a moderator..... this is good to me...fair moderators..senior ones.... friendly ones....bad to you...hard work

regards,

Carlos

Dear Anatech

These amplifiers are not an evolution related designs i have previously made.

I have select by the audio quality...you see it is alike Aksa 55 model from Hugh Dean... something i perceive as a very nice sounding amplifier.

It was selected to be sold in Brazil and it was sold in hundreds.... was selected because low part's count, easy to find parts, to be small and to offer some interesting features.

Was not made to beat my previous diagrams published...MKIII was much better than this one..but also much more expensive... so, i did this one interrupting my line of amplifiers geting back to the past.... if we think in evolution it is in between the Dx Amplifier and the Dx Blame..... many other ones better in performance were made and posted.

This one sounds nice....now with more bass into the sonic signature. It is not the best i have made...not the pinnacle of my creations....it is just an adequate circuit for Brazilians and for them is still expensive due to the fact some brazilians have to work by an entire week to pay a single assembled Dx Classic II pcboard....when in US it represents 4 hours of work... half a day..... 14 to 1 is the ratio..... then i decide to bring it here to see if there's someone interested in Classical nice sounding amplifier.

Yep....looses in specification related Symassim....so , it is a step back if you undertand me inside the forum....but i was out.... the sequence here was interrupted and i have started another sequence there in Brazil...starting all over again with simple amplifier first.

regards,
Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.