Dx Amplifiers, all models will be shown here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will be feeding this thread slowly..with calm

Here you see the schematic of the Dx Blame ES (Yes..you can blame me).

It was made for excellent sound reproduction.... very low harmonic distortion and interesting ratio in between second and third harmonic that matters a lot.

Despite it is the best in sound reproduction when you compare the ES with the ST, the first one had first VAS (buffer) transistor shorted and overheated ... some guys reported.... increasing of the emitter resistor or the insertion of a colector resistor can fix that... also, a 2N5551 can be used instead too.

Well...i am still using the ES.... sounds better i think..i do not mind if will be damaged..and was not because i do not use to listen into distortion levels.

Excellent unit...almost unbeatable..the one could make it is the Dx Super A that is almost the same amplifier, with increase bias in stand by mode and a Dx Super A feature (not the Super A feature from JVC or Technics.... this is Dx Super A idea only)... also a different harmonic distribution if you watch fourier analysis chart.

This unit, together the next model the ST (fixed the problem related the first VAS) and the Dx Super A had almost 500 units distributed, mainly in Brasil...people built and they have not found anything better to assemble till our days..to be as good or better must be the same topology, for sure.

In my point of view, if people want to match it or beat it must start from the same topology...no other way...i have tried so many different diagrams along my 63 years of life that i have no doubt it is the best possible topology to be deeply explored.... if you do not trust on me it is easy..you build the 5000 amplifiers i have built since i was very young and them compare with this one...then come to me and say.

I have lost my time...i should have listened you.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DX Blame ES schematic V1.5.pdf
    55.3 KB · Views: 375
  • Dx Blame ST.jpg
    Dx Blame ST.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:
For your comparison... watch carefully...see details

It is for sure a Blameless!

It is not a Blameless!

You decide... was inspired...is it?

Looks different and sounds different even if copied or not copied.... in my understanding..the ones have copied from me...use the excuse that it is a Blameless...so...they can copy mine because in their understanding i have copied the original...not really, i have worked a lot tuning it, also promoting it, also producing it, also advertising it, also distributing it to the whole world...they want to have the "already ready" stuff.

Many guys worked to result this way..not only me:

Klaas Veenstra
Hugh Dean
Daniel Mustran
Greg Erskine
Todd Johnson
Sakis Petropoulos
Sami
Rudi Rozek
Metal
Alex mm
Miguel Nabuco (Mitchel)
Garudazero (Renato Comerlatte)
Fábio Zimmer
Meanman
Nico Daneel (Nordic)
Byron
Juan Vargas Diaz

There's someone from Asia (Philipines, Malaysia or Singapore if i can remember) too..that helped producing layout to some home units and some Hx sufixed units.

I have to thank all them.. including the forgotten guys not mentioned (for sure they exist)... you guys are responsible to 500 (almost) units spread whole world ... no one sold by money, i mean... profit .... or exchanged by goods...job made in a very decent way, following rules...diy work...for the community...you did it!..not only me...you did it!

Pcboards and sometimes kits distributed by the help of forum group buys..not only diyaudio but other 5 world foruns including diySMPS.... cost price + small value to cover expenses with project and prototype construction..parts damaged...this kind of stuff

A lot of other guys did it too...sorry my memory not good as i am having some age effects (already).... even Mr. Andrew T cooperated (his way) pointing defects, errors or mistakes under his point of view or reference in some book.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Blameless.gif
    Blameless.gif
    25.1 KB · Views: 720
  • Dx Blame ES.jpg
    Dx Blame ES.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 728
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.