• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DUAL Merus MA12070 fully balanced Amplifier pictures inside

I am with Jogi on this one - in terms of "tone" I find this little unmoddified amp absolutely mindblowing. Having previously used a Marantz 8B I find the Sabaj not at all lacking - tone, timbre - very good indeed. As I am using an active sub, bass is no issue - what I find a bit different is soundstaging. The Sabaj seems to project the music a tiny bit less wide, but with a bit more front to back perspective - which is also the case if I use it with or without preamp. All in all I think it is a fantastic amp as it excels in the area which I find most important - "tone".

I agree ) Out of the box it is already amazing )
The reference to the mod is more of the order of pleasure)

It's a gem that could need some refinement, I agree. Actually I would like to give a shoutout to daniboun for recommending this amp. His review of it was the very first one I read, probably influenced me the most on buying it. Thanks brother. :wiz:

edit. What I would like to have is a loudness-function tho. E3/dynamic bass is some sort of loudness-EQ, but normally it should raise the ups&highs only up to a certain volume, but it seems to just raise those regardless of vol. Having to switch to E3 in low volume and back to E1 in high volume is a bit of a hassle, so I leave it to direct most of the time.

Last edited:
It's a gem that could need some refinement, I agree. Actually I would like to give a shoutout to daniboun for recommending this amp. His review of it was the very first one I read, probably influenced me the most on buying it. Thanks brother.

Overall I have a good ear even if in the Audiophile world it is very subjective) I have been a musician for many years and I appreciate good music. I hope that I will enjoy the next GAN Amplifier and that I will have the pleasure of sharing my impressions with the community, as I did with the Sabaj. :)

I am expecting mine in the next few days.

I'll let it run for a week, and then I'll start the comparisons with the TPA3255 amp, I also have several class D, also a MA12040 with buffer (but very modest as an amp), and of course somes class AB amps in bi-amplification mode on my speakers.

Hi guys,

Got the Mini Gan amplifier.... ))
I've been listening for two hours already ... but I will share a thread with my impressions after a long listening.

I can already tell you that it sounds monstrously good! He has an absolutely incredible power reserve! to follow.... )

here's a little appetizer)

hi,

Premium Audio is part of ClassDaudio.
I got the new version, the PCB is now green vs red before. There are only minor updates :

- They beefed up a few places on the PCB for design
- They update the inductors
- OPA LM4562 are the same for both and the same for all components inside
- PSU is using Nichicon Audio grade caps (V5.0)

Keep in mind that this is a discrete amp with about 600 parts on it, mostly tiny parts. The company spent about 3 years in R&D for this amp.
At first glance the design seems very simple, but when you zoom in on the PCB you realize that it is populated by many discrete components.

Let me listen to it carefully and I will get back to you with a new, more detailed thread)))

Last edited:
From my experience with the TPA3255 (and others) those output inductors do make a rather large difference in perceived sound - without having heard the amp I am pretty sure that this is something that can be improved on.......
It will be interesting if it can actually "better" the tone quality of the Sabaj.....

Multiple factor price difference though. Isn't it more honest to divide these new class D developments in price ranges?

True )
Now, we must put the price of Gan amplifiers into perspective, since it is a technology that is still not widely used and modern.

Let me give you a concrete example: The Mini Gan is given for $750 (count about 1000 euros if exported to Europe). Its closest competitor is the Peachtree Gan400, which shares very similar specs but @ $ 3000

Now we must actually see the performance / price ratio and draw a conclusion afterwards) :)