DSP Xover project (part 2)

I have posted more documentation, including installation notes.

Documentation for Najda

Excellent, after having read the preliminary manual, I just put me on the Amareno USB to I2S group buy list to add an USB input to najda...

Also, following one of your post about LCD, I ordered and received very quickly several displays from Artronic, the price looks good to me too.

As I use symmetrical inputs for all my amplifiers, I will have to build an add in card to do the conversion though !

Jean Claude

I see that this is still at the testing phase and that several people have asked to be put on a waiting list. Which I would be interested in but I would like to get an idea what this is going to sell for when it becomes available? Is there any idea when it will be available for regular sale if no board changes are needing to be made?

Thanks,
Dan

I read about the caps,I guess it´s the 22uf that is the "audio caps"are there DC "across" them?

There are also 100 uF caps. They're all coupling capacitors.

Excellent, after having read the preliminary manual, I just put me on the Amareno USB to I2S group buy list to add an USB input to najda...

Also, following one of your post about LCD, I ordered and received very quickly several displays from Artronic, the price looks good to me too.

As I use symmetrical inputs for all my amplifiers, I will have to build an add in card to do the conversion though !

Jean Claude

Cool! Thanks for letting us know about Artronic.
Regarding, USB->I2S conversion, I've tested the QLS-HIFI QA01, which is based on Tenor's TE7022. Not the latest tech. Nearly nearly plug and play and works flawlessly with Najda.

So I know this is still just in testing and I see many people have got on the list for a unit.

Maybe I missed it, what is the expected price and when is the expected release and availability of boards? I am very interested as this is the exact thing I need next.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your interest.
Price is USD 315 with analogue volume control or USD 280 if you don't want it.
If you're EU resident, then I must charge 15% VAT on top.
Availability: this month.

Cheers

Nick

Screenshots of the application under Linux

Hi to all.

I'm Xav', the other developper of the Najda's control application.

I'm just posting this message to introduce myself, and also to show you some screenshots of the application running under Ubuntu Linux.

Screenshot #1 : The application after it has just started :
attachment.php

Screenshot #2 : If the modules "ftdi_sio" and "usbserial" are loaded, Najda application can't be connected to the board. The application can try to unload these modules.
attachment.php

Screenshot #3 : If the board needs a firmware update, the application tell it to the user
attachment.php

Screenshot #4 : The firmware update procedure in progress.
attachment.php

Screenshot #5 : The message shown after a successfull firmware update process.
attachment.php

Screenshot #6 : The application connected to the board (the "Welcome" tab is replaced by a "Monitor" tab). I apologize this screenshot doesn't show any activity on the vu-meters : it is just because the ouput of my sound card wasn't connected to the bord.
attachment.php
Screenshot #7 : The list of the default presets stored on the board after a firmware update.
attachment.php

Screenshots #8 to #10 : Some configuration dialog-boxes
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Best regards

Xav'

Well, handling of USB drivers under Linux seems more complex than on Windows.

The point is that Linux has a very strong policy as to what a regular user or the 'root' user can do on the machine. Xav is investigating on this, but it seems that you must be 'root' in order to access the USB port.
As a consequence it's fair to inform precisely about what's going on. We're looking at that - so this might change if we manage to connect without invoking administrator privileges.

Regarding the usb drivers for linux. Shouldn't that be -usbserial? Either how, aren't those for experimental work, and normally not loaded for a convenience ubuntu user?
I must add that I'm so excited You have developed a linux client application. Maybe it could run on a Raspberry PI? ;-)

Regarding the usb drivers for linux. Shouldn't that be -usbserial?
You're right. It has been corrected. Thank-you.
Either how, aren't those for experimental work, and normally not loaded for a convenience ubuntu user?
No : these modules are included by default in Ubuntu and automatically loaded each time the board is connected to the computer.

I must add that I'm so excited You have developed a linux client application. Maybe it could run on a Raspberry PI? ;-)
It depends on the OS you've installed on it : we are actually developping under Ubuntu.
When all will be fine, we'll see to compile under other distribs.

Regards
Xav'