Driving IR2110 with SG3525 for a synchronous buck converter

Dear OP, you've made a lot of fundamental mistakes:

• Did you start by drawing up a clean and complete circuit diagram ? Cite the same while asking for help, as others need not know / remember what your circuit exactly is.
  • Did you measure your pulses duty cycles before feeding them into the power converter ? I remember having said this twice, you dissed it off.
  • Did you vary the pulse-width using a potentiometer and verify the same within the pulses ?
  • Did you confirm the dead-time and absence of shoot-through ? If yes, how ?
  • Did you verify the choke doesn't saturate / change value when load current is driven through it ?
  • Did your converter run open loop before taking any feedback around it ?

In addition to the above, you're trying to make a power converter without an oscilliscope and a proper PCB. You seem to underestimate power conversion altogether ...

I do what i can... I cant have a scope for now.

When the duty cycle is raised over a certain limit, this strage behaviour happens.

Also the deadtime on SG3525 outputs is still present.

But i didnt understand why by combining the two outputs with two diodes makes the deadtime disappear. By logic is should not...

Without an oscilloscope it is basically impossible to verify stuff properly.

I will still try, somehow, with a lot of patience and calculus to solve this problem.

The XOR gates circuit is now present between the SG3525 and IR2110.

I should measure the waveform on the 470R resistor to see if the SG3525 with combined outputs is working as it should.

Then, measure at the input of IR2110 to see if the XOR gates circuit is doing what it should.

Then, measure the half bridge waveforms and inductor waveform.

Yes, but how without an oscilloscope?

Trial and error can work but in my experience its not worth it. It is really tiring and can result in tons of burnt components.

IR2110s are expensive at around €1.50 each. (infineon)

I am still a beginner...

After all, i'm just 19.

I still have experience to make.

When i obtain an oscilloscope i will finally be able to do much more.