Do you know what I hate?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:eek: BELLS ON SUNDAY :eek:

caught out again by BBC R4. It's not even Sunday...it's nearly one o'clock on Monday morning. I really hate that.

Sometimes the bells are actually good, but not now. My neighbours are inclined to view the outburst as cultural imperialism, and may wake me up with a bout of retaliatory wailing in the morning. The standard of wailing in Bradford is desultory and dismal. I hate that too.

Then, having lulled me into a false sense of security with "Sailing By", followed by the reassuring tone of the shipping forecast,

:eek: GOD SAVE THE QUEEN :eek:

:headbash:

:eek: BELLS ON SUNDAY :eek:

caught out again by BBC R4. It's not even Sunday...it's nearly one o'clock on Monday morning. I really hate that.

Sometimes the bells are actually good, but not now. My neighbours are inclined to view the outburst as cultural imperialism, and may wake me up with a bout of retaliatory wailing in the morning. The standard of wailing in Bradford is desultory and dismal. I hate that too.

Then, having lulled me into a false sense of security with "Sailing By", followed by the reassuring tone of the shipping forecast,

:eek: GOD SAVE THE QUEEN :eek:

:headbash:

Hey,
Did you ever consider maybe tuning to a different station with no bells?

Maybe worth thinking about......

The iconic figure of contemporary Hungarian public life comes to my mind.

Aggressive little piggy walking down the street, and mumble in itself:
- I hate sun, I hate hot, I hate damned cars, I hate damned people ...
- I wish everything damned things would be fog!
- Damned fog!

. My mobile text editor and its naff operation, especially when posting here.
2. Beta releases, botched software and patches that shouldnt be required.
3. Windows Vista
4. The fact my single core laptop is next to useless on the net, except here.
5. DELL. I worked for them for 6 years. Their CS is non existant, their products inexpandable and behind the tech of others. Warranty worthless and they ruined Alienware. A bunch of conning pikeys.

I hate my DAB/FM radio, for making station selection a complicated, tedious and cheerless task.

There is no substitute for any of the three stations I listen to. Radio 4 and the World Service are available on DAB and switching between them is easy enough. Radio 3, which I listen to during the Proms, is better on FM. World Service replaces FM Radio 4 at night, but is otherwise unavailable on FM. Switching between DAB and FM is intolerably tedious, which is why I got caught out by the bells and the anthem.

Tedious explanations. I hate them too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.