do you ever see a real ghost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2019
Paid Member
Glad to see everyone is getting into the spirit of things.

Mine's a whisky!

This one?

ghost-whiskey.png

Reactions: 1 user
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I saw a real ghost once.
I was shopping and walking towards the main entrance when I saw my father walking towards me. Dad had only been dead a few weeks and it was a shock, then I asked myself why I was seeing Dad wearing the same clothes I was and my hat, I realised I was walking towards a mirrored shop front and it was my own reflection I was seeing.
I now think this is how ghost stories originated, With our ancestors leaning down to drink from a still pond and seeing a clea reflection in the still water

Reactions: 1 users
It's interesting how media globally can drive you nuts in such a way that you can't seem to learn something that really counts. Useful information buried under immense amounts of nonsense. You need help from above to sort this out. That is my 2 cents on ghost topic, anyway. :magnify:

I have heard stories from people dear to me, too close to be fiction.

Here’s mine. Had to do conscription for 26 months. In the first month, someone a few bunks(beds) from me decided to end his life. Subsequently, any person from a later batch whom slept in his bed would dream of him and his ordeal.

How did I find out about this? Because I did speak to a few people from the later batches. Such things are usually covered and hush hush. It was unlikely to be leaked by anyone from my batch.

What is the rational explanation ? Residual energy ?

When someone you're close to dies, the distress you experience can make you hallucinate that they are there. It's very common.

I had a three legged cat. I lived with her for 20 years. When she died I was distraught. It was right before my birthday. Then about a week after my birthday my father died after a very long decline. It was a rough time.

When Paisley the three legged cat walked across my wooden floors, she made a very distinctive thump-thump-thump. I can still hear it clearly in my mind. For months after she died, I would hear that thump-thump-thump every night. It was a hallucination. It was very distressing.

I have heard stories from people dear to me, too close to be fiction.

Here’s mine. Had to do conscription for 26 months. In the first month, someone a few bunks(beds) from me decided to end his life. Subsequently, any person from a later batch whom slept in his bed would dream of him and his ordeal.

How did I find out about this? Because I did speak to a few people from the later batches. Such things are usually covered and hush hush. It was unlikely to be leaked by anyone from my batch.

What is the rational explanation ? Residual energy ?
Where I come from, it's said that people who end their own lives cannot find peace and are stuck to the place where they pass away. Depending on who you ask, they may simply be "stuck" or forced to relive their final moments over and over again. Sleeping on that bunk may have gotten you (or the unfortunate fellas from later batches) the front seat to the man's agony.
Sweet dreams :sleep:

Yes i did see but only once (not something scary but definitely gave me goosebumps). Although it doesn't make any sense & i do not believe in such thing but i thought i should share what i experienced (believe me it was not an illusion). Now don't make fun of me because you can't define everything in black & white.

Status
Not open for further replies.