do you ever see a real ghost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When dealing with people like you I use this phrase>" You are not trying to seek the truth, you just want to be right". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I dont need to provide any evidence as I have made NO SUCH CLAIMS. o_OYou cant just provide any evidence, the evidence needs to pertain directly to your claim in which it proves otherwise that ghost/spirits 100% dont exist.

The fallacy is your false claims.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

non compos mentis......

I cannot prove they don't exist. However, I cannot fathom a reason to give any credence to the plethora of claims about ghosts, spirits, etc. I would be glad to believe if anyone ever presented some SCIENTIFICALLY VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE of them.

Meanwhile, science provides explanations based on facts and observations. You are free to ignore the science.

Let's just pretend I never said this.

In recap, Audio Frenzy made unfalsifiable assertions. Unfalsifiable assertions cannot be examined logically. In retort, I made an unfalsifiable assertion ("100% does not exist") which is the same logical fallacy. I reframed my position ("I would be glad to believe if anyone ever presented some SCIENTIFICALLY VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE of them.") and this position was ignored in typical straw man fashion.

Logic is a bitch.

I have a theory, that if a thread (or comment section) goes on for long enough, it will eventually fall down the path of "wires/capacitors make a difference". I'm glad that I'm not a moderator on diyaudio, because the amount of times they must put their head in their hands, and think "not AGAIN !".

Everyone here disagrees

Yes, well it's obvious and since the onus of proof is on us, we can provide the evidence.

Are you the best person to make that judgement.....
First of who is everyone, you and eddie?:ROFLMAO: Secondly I didnt know you were chosen to speak on everyones behalf. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Please provide me with evidence that can certifiably confirm that I have a mental illness that way I can retire early and collect my SS. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I thought you were the experts????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In recap, Audio Frenzy made unfalsifiable assertions. Unfalsifiable assertions cannot be examined logically. In retort, I made an unfalsifiable assertion ("100% does not exist") which is the same logical fallacy. I reframed my position ("I would be glad to believe if anyone ever presented some SCIENTIFICALLY VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE of them.") and this position was ignored in typical straw man fashion.

Logic is a bitch.
Ok now that you have back peddled, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: what is your definition of "SCIENTIFICALLY VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE"? Is there a universal way to conduct this so called SVE properly? Is video evidence scientific enough or do I need scienctific measurements to go along with the video?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Straw man fashion is right.:rolleyes::rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
So if there are ghosts - what can we conclude from that?

Do not we live like there are no supernatural phenomenons?

Today in a modern culture we talk about these beliefs with an analytical mind.

And mainly watch films about this topic for entertainment.

Its just about the feelings you have watching or discussing horror (films).

480px-Johann_Heinrich_Füssli_053.jpg

I have seen ghosts three times. Twice midday in public places where no one else seemed to see anything.

First time at summer camp where I was a counselor. Expecting the head counselor to get me in the morning to drive into town for supplies, I saw what I thought was him bending over another counselor and said to him I was in my bed. The person straightened up, turned to look at me and then softly glowed and vanished. A few nights later I just saw the glow.

Second time in daylight at an eastbound rest stop near the end of the Ohio turnpike, there was an empty booth table in the corner of the restaurant. Looking at it, it was empty. A couple sat there and after just a few moments moved to different seats. Just glancing at it and then away showed an occupant. A short stocky black man around 50 years old wearing a cap and light jacket. No food but he seemed to be waiting for someone.

Then there was the luncheon after a funeral. Right across the table standing up was an almost solid view of a teenager with curly hair. I realized that is what the deceased looked like 60 years earlier. The image also vanished. However on the buffet one plate began to slowly slide to the front edge. Someone else saw that and pushed the plate back to where it had started from. It did not move after that. None of the other plates or dishes moved by themselves.

Seems like most folks don’t see ghosts while others can. Nothing spooky or dangerous, just interesting!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.