diyAudio Power Supply Circuit Board v3 illustrated build guide

Don't use a shared bolt/mechanical fixing for PE with anything else.

The PE to Chassis should be at the incoming power cable.

The Main Audio Ground (MAG) to Chassis should be at the MAG.
Check your PSU star ground. You could have charging pulses, if the PCB has not been designed to keep them away from the board connections.

The MAG and the PE can be any distance apart, there is no technical reason to have them close.

I can see you have two channels (L & R).
I can also see that they share the Ground of the PSU.

I am not sure where your Main Audio Ground is.
Or do you have two separate MAGs, one to each Channel?

I cannot tell what the PSU is doing to that on board grounding point.

Location of rectifier board wrt transformer

I am in the process of layout out a Honey Badger amp that will use two DIYA v3 rectifier boards and cap boards. I have a lot of chassis height available, but not much width or depth. I'm wondering if there are any disadvantages to mounting the two rectifier boards above my toroidal transformer (Antek AN-8448). I plan to make a custom aluminum plate that would serve as both a clamp to hold the transformer to the chassis (using a stainless steel thru-bolt) and a mounting plate for the two rectifier boards.

I theorize that this case would not be much different electrically than mounting the boards next to the transformer, but I would like to hear from those that know much more than I about power supplies :D

Brian

Thanks, 6L6. I have the components to go either way so I will see what works once I finish the layout. Still need to fit in a soft start board as well.

Brian

No problem at all.

If you haven't yet bought parts, I would suggest some monolythic diode bridges, they sound great and are very compact compared to the discrete diodes, heatsinks, PCB, etc...

Example - GBPC3502 Fairchild Semiconductor | Mouser

Hi
Am in process of ordering parts to build an F4 and could use some guidance on best electrolytic cap values for the universal V3 board. BOM states 10K-15K uF but then also states that optimal value is subject to other factors. I will be utilizing the Antek 300Va transformer. I'm clear on the voltage rating, just not the optimal capacitance value...

if there is a post somewhere that explains how I could arrive at the optimum value myself, that would be even better :)

thanks in advance!
bryan