DIYA store "Wolverine" (Son of Badger) .... suggestions ??

Okay, I got the boards just now... Looks like a bit of work ahead. :p Has there been any corrections, or tips since the start of your builds? I know that many have already been working on these.

Anything, on the PCB orvalue changes etc? This thing is going to be a beast!

JT

PS Nice packaging Jeremy, I like that you put paper around the boards, so we didn't have to fight to get tape and goo off the boards. They arrived in good shape.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Okay, I got the boards just now... Looks like a bit of work ahead. [emoji14] Has there been any corrections, or tips since the start of your builds? I know that many have already been working on these.

Anything, on the PCB orvalue changes etc? This thing is going to be a beast!

JT

PS Nice packaging Jeremy, I like that you put paper around the boards, so we didn't have to fight to get tape and goo off the boards. They arrived in good shape.
Great. Good news, glad they arrived ok. Jeremy has written a bit of a pre start up guide. I'm sure you'll receive a copy soon. No changes or updates so far. Please let me know if you notice anything that we can consider for the final board releases.

You can populate resistors, capacitors, and get the small heatsinks ready for the VAS, Predriver, and Driver. The recommended dimensions for those are printed on the circuit board. Don't drill holes in those just yet but you can get them cut to size and polished.

Edit: Only one resistor to NOT populate yet - R111

Jeremy

Last edited:
One thing to think of for future projects.

I've made the decision that in my future boards to use surface mount SOT23 or similar instead of TO92 small signal transistors.

The rest I'm keeping through hole, just re-spinning my boards for this change.

Soldering these few SOT23 isn't hard at all.

Unfortunately you cannot buy from only one supplier because of the current component shortages.
It's best to order your own parts in accordance to the BOM, that was sent to you. Good luck.

PS If you need help with any part, let us know and we will try to find an alternative.

Okay, so the 98% is worthless.

If someone wants the cart and or my parts and board, hit me via PM.

Thanks for the thought Stuart, I do appreciate your including me. If you are low on boards and in the US, let me know where to send them.

JT

Last edited:
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Really? Okay, so the 98% is worthless.

If anyone needs a link for 98% of the parts pm me.

:redhot:

I know you guys spent a lot of time, and I can't design, but fully 99% of the parts were in that cart, and your dissmissal sucks.

Anyone wants the cart, PM me, I will give you the code.

JT

PS Stuart and Jer , anyone needs a board let me know... I'm not using them.
Hold on JT,

I think that your over reacting.
No one said what you did is worthless and it's not. Its just parts are hard to come by at the moment and that's no ones fault.

Harry and I spent alot of time checking every part that he has on his bom would fit. Now if you're bom lists other parts and other users use it as the default bom and some of the parts Don't fit. Who is going to deal with those complaints.

Sure you bom can be used but people need to refer to the master bom done by Harry to avoid possible problems unless they check the datasheet thoroughly and new users may not be able to do this.

Head up mate, we want you to build this awesome amplifier.

Please look at latest schematic before you order, this is where I left it when I gave it to Harry and the design crew:

Removed

Stuart, I hear ya, but it was, at the very least, inconsiderate. I'm old and have no time for such things. I wish you guys the best, it's going to be one hell of an amp. :)

Last edited:
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Please look at latest schematic before you order, this is where I left it when I gavfe it to Harry and the

Stuart, I hear ya, but it was, at the very least, inconsiderate. I'm old and have no time for such things. I wish you guys the best, it's going to be one hell of an amp. :)
We really didn't want that posted just yet JT as we are still prototyping and we don't want any remaining parts disappearing so the prototype testers can't order. Can you please remove it.

Last edited:
@ Thompsontwin
Re read my email. It says that parts are in short supply.

The BOM that I created, that was sent to you, contains Mouser part numbers with alternatives. All you had to do was copy and paste into Mouser.

I sent you my comments about your BOM privately and pointed out errors. You responded by saying that you would amend the errors but you have included parts/ quantities for other projects.

Since the creation of the BOM, Mouser parts have quickly disappeared e.g. BC559C/ BC549C. It’s up to the proto type builder (who should be experienced) to source parts from other suppliers. In the USA this is very easy!!!

You should have some respect for the people who have spent months trying to create this BOM, which was optimized in spice and changed daily. You post without thinking.