• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY TDA1541A PCB "D3"

Would you like a through hole version of the D3?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Maybe, depends on the performance

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi nopants,
Yes, two D3 boards should allow for this but I haven't made an I2S to sign magnitude convertor board to confirm.
Member kolby was attempting this a while back but I recall he was having an issue with a glitch at the zero point crossover, im not sure what the outcome was. Does anyone else know? I'd consider making a board for this as im pretty curious about it too.

Reactions: 2 users
No its quite different, sign magnitude splits the positive and negative parts of the waveform to avoid a situation where 1111111111111110 changes to 0000000000000001 at zero point crossover. One DAC for positive half and one for the negative half - one 1541a chip per channel.
The I2S2SIM v1 board converts I2S to simultaneous data.
The I2S2SIM v2 board has the same as V1 with the addition of data inverters so the dac can run balanced.

Reactions: 1 users
Ben Mah uses a wire wound (hand wound) resistor in his setup. Probably the way to go as Ryan stated. Simple and good wirewound can have the harmonic signature for this type of situation. Maybe not even the lowest distortion resistor is what you want. Fun to try different types.

ECdesigns has a white paper of picking the value and the distortion plots.

Reactions: 1 user