DIY Personal Turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oups forgot photos.
Part2 again:

Attachments

• Etape2.JPG
    Etape2.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 506
  • Etape2bis.JPG
    Etape2bis.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 510
Yes Helmuth, this idea is a good option, not applicable in my case because of the price of the servo motor and servodrive. That's why I used 2 spaced bearings, instead of a copper bush on top. I think that contact surface is higher with a bush than a bearing (that's my opinion, I can be wrong).

I think you did not look good, see how the drive belt is placed this way with 1 motor you get the same result. As far the force of the drive belt on the platter is concerned.

Last edited:
This schematic is only to test the drive. In final, I'll need two speeds (33 and 45 rpm).
And there are a lot of solutions, like this, or with a second DC power supply (+24Vcc for drive control inputs, and 3V for speed control).

I would advise a fixed voltage divider for both speed and at the top in series with the divider a potentiometer for fine control.

Like in the drawing do not care about the value's of the resistors it is only to get a idea. The potentiometer has only that big it compensates 2 or 5% speed variation.

So you must try to tune R2 and R3 to the precise value with the potentiometer in the middle position so you can give +/- adjustment.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2011-06-20 om 16.01.20.png
    Schermafbeelding 2011-06-20 om 16.01.20.png
    14 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:
The solution is to bend the 60x10 and 20x20, and weld them before working on machines

That seems to me very difficult to get the bending right and welding will cause tension and bending of the platter.

I would think it would be easier to cut more disks of aluminum and bolt them together. And then machine and balance them. You shout balance all turning parts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.