DIY Personal Turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just done, now I can start mounting the rotating unit..

Attachments

• bac huile fini.jpg
    bac huile fini.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 686
Today, I have done the tangential tonearm support. And I also got the screws, and o'rings. Big day today, don't know if I'll have time to start mounting, if not, tomorrow morning while everyone's sleeping.

Attachments

• platine bras tang.jpg
    platine bras tang.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 543
  • platine bras tang fini.jpg
    platine bras tang fini.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 125
O-rings? Now I'm scared. Are these just for mounting w/ isolation?

I want to see whether the arm tracks; whether the groove will actually overcome friction and move smoothly with a light-tracking compliant cartridge needle pulling it. I'd have thought you'd throw together a proof-of-concept experiment first.

OK. First impression: I'm not happy with the result. The rotation is a little bit hard. I thought it will be but not this way.
So I decide to dismantle all and take out the oil seals. Mount again and then much more better. Turns easyly. And the mecanical adjustments are perfect. Instead oh oil, I have filled with grease. Seams not bad, no noise, I'm really happy.

OK. First impression: I'm not happy with the result. The rotation is a little bit hard. I thought it will be but not this way.
So I decide to dismantle all and take out the oil seals. Mount again and then much more better. Turns easyly. And the mecanical adjustments are perfect. Instead oh oil, I have filled with grease. Seams not bad, no noise, I'm really happy.

I did read today that dr.Feickert Analogue uses grease in the woodpecker TT. See the drivebelt maybe a good idea.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Yes Helmuth, this idea is a good option, not applicable in my case because of the price of the servo motor and servodrive. That's why I used 2 spaced bearings, instead of a copper bush on top. I think that contact surface is higher with a bush than a bearing (that's my opinion, I can be wrong).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.