Diy kimber interconnect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What did I make up?
I think I've written a few times that the only coax I've found here where I live is the RG-6 and RG-59 coax. I've since read that there are other coax cables, so you must have been referring to those. Sorry but I was unaware of them. But since a couple posters mentioned vandamme cables and google is my friend, I have now learned about them.

I mentioned the importance of a LOW RESISTANCE braid, though I should have also said a 50R co-ax would be a good.

Have you tested?
You will answer me that this is not necessary because.........Listen before writing your resentment;)

I work in the electronics industry and have spent many years working on the design of systems , doing PCB design and getting signals from a to b, so I would say I have more experience and knowledge of the problems of signal transmission than many, including the maker of those cables. Years of experience and learning not just from textbooks and actual hands on experience and measurements has shown me what works and what dosn't... Of course most of this has not been for consumer audio, nothing anywhere near as complex
Show me some engineering papers that would support cables of that sort and give the benefits of such weaving patterns... I would study how signal travel and interact then you will get a better understanding of why we use co-ax and twisted pair cables.

I work in the electronics industry and have spent many years working on the design of systems , doing PCB design and getting signals from a to b, so I would say I have more experience and knowledge of the problems of signal transmission than many, including the maker of those cables. Years of experience and learning not just from textbooks and actual hands on experience and measurements has shown me what works and what dosn't... Of course most of this has not been for consumer audio, nothing anywhere near as complex
Show me some engineering papers that would support cables of that sort and give the benefits of such weaving patterns... I would study how signal travel and interact then you will get a better understanding of why we use co-ax and twisted pair cables.

Scottjoplin i send you a M.P.

Marce,here It is about audio quality Before anything,Do you really think As many people would deaf Dave's Cables Interconnect Cable Tour
If you want some reading This article is interesting ;)
Cable Science

There is very little genuine science in that so-called 'Cable Science' article; just enough use of scientific sounding words and phrases to convince the gullible. Whether the authors themselves believe what they say is not for me to judge - they may be gullible too. It is not worth doing a line by line refutation because people who accept the article probably lack the necessary background to understand the refutation.

There is very little genuine science in that so-called 'Cable Science' article; just enough use of scientific sounding words and phrases to convince the gullible. Whether the authors themselves believe what they say is not for me to judge - they may be gullible too. It is not worth doing a line by line refutation because people who accept the article probably lack the necessary background to understand the refutation.

I think you believe To your science first of all, I know what I hear On my system.

I think you believe To your science first of all, I know what I hear On my system.

What do you believe... hundreds of years of research and study of signals down wire, starting with Maxwell, refined into the Telegraphers equation by Oliver Heaviside and in recent years (many decades) further expanded by communications and the ever increasing complexity of electronics and related signals... Or some audiophile beliefs with no measurements, in fact on the site mentioned earlier I can find no parameters for the cables other than length and weight, no capacitance, inductance or resistance measurements...
Ask yourself why do professionals use screened balanced IC's, don't see many fancy audiophile cables in the professional sector.
Signal integrity is a well studied field as is RF, and the other side of the coin EMC is another area where there are many years of study, all this information is readily available on the WEB.
I would recommend using what works, further in today's RF polluted environment I would recommend using screened cables for low level signal, with the screen connected at both ends, if only at RF frequencies ( use a cap to the chassis where the cable enters the component). Just sat here I can pick up 15 wireless networks on my phone, never mind the coupling of mains borne communication noise...
Added noise to a system can improve the sound subjectively, a truly neutral (or a hi fidelity) system can sound rather lacking compared to the standard domestic set up, I love flawed systems, my mono block SET valve set-up with OB speakers excites me, as does my old audiolab 8000A system, now I'm getting all excited about open back headphones thanks to the comments by Bill and JC. Never used headphones much as closed back make my ears uncomfortable, but after many comments I bought a pair of audio technica AD700X (skint so I had to get them on my Argos card, hence the choice) and I'm loving it, its a new audio experience and with joining Spotify I don't have much time for discussing the magical abilities of magic cables, I'm to busy being an true audiophile and listening to the music... It may not be perfect but it moves me:D
For those that remember, just had my 6 month check up and all clear, looking good so buzzing. Anyway got to go, gonna look for some Be Bop Deluxe on Spotify, haven't listened to them for years.
Enjoy the music, not the sound!;)

clsidxxl said:
Marce,I think that with you The subject of the cables is limited To your own experience.
I think his knowledge of cables is limited to the sum of genuine human knowledge about cables. You know: Maxwell's equations and all that boring stuff which put men on the Moon and detected gravitational waves. That is the nice thing about science: we don't all have to repeat all the experiments as we can learn from others. That is what textbooks are for. Somewhat surprisingly, this method actually works in genuinely critical situations.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
For those that remember, just had my 6 month check up and all clear, looking good so buzzing. Anyway got to go, gonna look for some Be Bop Deluxe on Spotify, haven't listened to them for years.
Enjoy the music, not the sound!;)

Yay! That is good news.

Note: Marce trusted science. Steve Jobs trusted Woo. Look at the outcome!

Thehttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/ Apple chief executive, who died this month after a pancreatic tumour spread elsewhere, delayed having operations and chemotherapy for nine months after the disease was discovered in October 2003.

In spite of pleas from family and friends, he tried to cure himself through acupuncture sessions, drinking special fruit juices, visiting "spiritualists" and using other treatments he found on the internet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.