DIY Front End 2022

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Works beautifully in my little test chassis. Note the LED+resistor hack to shine light through the vent holes to show power.

Will hook up to follower amplifier (in this case, MoFo) tomorrow and see what it can really do.

:)

EDIT: The photo has been removed because I connected it quite incorrectly and don’t want to have it as an example. Will replace with updated soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Hello Frontend2022 - builders,

I have started my boards today. All is fine so far.

The symmetrical PSU is adjusted to +- 20 V DC. It was easy to adjust the output -offset (between R5 and C3) below 1mV.
After a while of warming up, I could adjust this 'nice baby' to below 0,5 mV offset.
I think I will add some RCAs and should have a listen this night? No hurry - patience is your friend...
Cheers
Dirk ;)

Attachments

• Frontend_2022_first_run_offset.jpg
    Frontend_2022_first_run_offset.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 234
Reactions: 2 users
Works beautifully in my little test chassis. Note the LED+resistor hack to shine light through the vent holes to show power.

Will hook up to follower amplifier (in this case, MoFo) tomorrow and see what it can really do.

:)
Very nice Jim, can you please let us know the source selection switch, what brand and where did you get it from as it seems to be compact and very well made.

Thanks

For sure Jim will reply himself much better than me...

Meanwhile you may want to look at Grayhill rotary switches, they are indeed very small and well build... Jim recommended them once for my B1K build... avail at Mouser's etc.

I love the way Jim bounded the cables just in front of the switch as that can save you IMHO a lot of hassle with these tiny parts if using them for prototypes... I wish I were so clever and clean builder as Jim!

Have fun

Claude

Reactions: 1 user

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Reactions: 1 user