ResisterClone
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I’m a fan

Attachments

• IMG_1495.png
    IMG_1495.png
    617.3 KB · Views: 138
I am stumped... built the boards, attached them to a known good PSU and got no signal through. I must have misunderstood something, somewhere.

All connections are fine, continuity tested. What I put on the newer boards was the C6, the pot (P1) instead of the R6. I used R13 though it seemed unnecessary and left off R14 - I connected nothing to GF port.

It is single ended input so -IN is connected to VG, VG is connected to ground. V+ gets +15VDC, V- gets -14.9VDC. Out goes to Out except I have not signal out.

Anyone have an idea of what I must have done wrong???

Attachments

• FE2022 in place.jpg
    FE2022 in place.jpg
    626.7 KB · Views: 238
  • fe2022 different shadows.jpg
    fe2022 different shadows.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 233
Good questions. There IS no output so there is no offset. Indeed it measures as 0

My guess is that there is a grounding issue but there is only ONE ground in the whole Schematic: VG. -IN goes to that VG and VG goes to the PSU ground which goes to an actual plate of aluminum. I have continuity from VG to the aluminum plate.

Thank you for following me on my thought journey. As I contemplated how to do what you've asked it occurred to me that I may have made assumptions about how to feed this circuit. I KNOW it is connected correctly to PSU but I am unsure about how to volume control the input.

Is it just like normal: center of RCA to center terminal of log pot, one terminal on either side goes to ground and the other goes to +IN?

Joined 2001
Paid Member
I would want to see the voltage across R7 and R8 so that I could calculate these currents. Need to see if these stages are alive or not.

Wiper goes to +IN (C1 on your board)

Check DC offset at R5, not at the "OUT" connection (DC is blocked by the capacitor, as intended)

Last edited:
Voltage across R7 is 1.5vdc, across R8 0.002vdc at 5 to ground: -14.6vdc. Something tells me this is not good...

From the big picture and indeed any picture I could send you can't tell much. The space where the FE 2022 is, once was occupied by Waynes 2018 FE, I am attempting to compare one to the other.

Attachments

• big picture FE 2022.jpg
    big picture FE 2022.jpg
    641.1 KB · Views: 193