DIY Audio Analyzer with AK5397/AK5394A and AK4490

... I am getting pretty close to starting a small prototype series, with mechanics included....

Hi and sorry to jump in with some questions to understand better.
I surfed the thread but i could not see measurements.
Are you still working on the first prototype ?
Moreover will this analyzer also work as an high quality usb audio interface ? that would widen the market immensely i guess.
Thanks a lot for the project.
Kind regards, gino

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi ginetto61,

There are some measurements, but they are spread around the thread.
Some of the initial measurements you can find from post #22 to post #48. Other measurements are presented in these posts:

I have used the prototype now and then to make measurements on different systems. But it has been a while since I have made measurements to check the performance of the Audio Analyzer itself. I am concentrating on getting the design finished. And I am actually fairly close to finishing the PCB designs (5 PCB's). Some mechanical design choices are still being worked on as well.

It would work as a high quality USB audio interface. But it might be overkill for some applications in this area. It is built as an Audio Analyzer. In some areas simpler and cheaper solutions could have been chosen if the purpose was "just" to record or play back audio.

JensH

Hi ginetto61,
There are some measurements, but they are spread around the thread.
Some of the initial measurements you can find from post #22 to post #48. Other measurements are presented in these posts:
I have used the prototype now and then to make measurements on different systems. But it has been a while since I have made measurements to check the performance of the Audio Analyzer itself. I am concentrating on getting the design finished. And I am actually fairly close to finishing the PCB designs (5 PCB's). Some mechanical design choices are still being worked on as well.
It would work as a high quality USB audio interface. But it might be overkill for some applications in this area. It is built as an Audio Analyzer. In some areas simpler and cheaper solutions could have been chosen if the purpose was "just" to record or play back audio.
JensH

Hi ! thanks a lot indeed for the very kind and valuable reply.
I will study the posts you mention.
However i would not discount the opportunity to market it in the professional audio sector. It could be a huge success.
Everybody needs a great AD/DA converter with usb connection (without preamps, just line level inputs).
I will follow the thread with the biggest interest.
Good luck with your excellent project.
Kind regards, gino

Last edited: