DIY 4 Phase Sinewave Generator for Turntable Motor Drive

I would require a hardware and software change to the SG4, but you could do it manually by adding a switch to ground to pin 2 of both output chip amps on the MA3D. When pin 2 is at ground, the chip amp is disabled and the outputs are high impedance and the motor should turn freely by hand. You would have to open this switch before exiting standby and close the switch before entering standby mode.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi to all,
Is here somebody who can fix my SG-4 or MA-3D, I don't know which is bad. Digital board is not lightin no more and motor is not turning.
I will pay to someone to fix it because I'm not in electronicks, somebody else built the boards for me.
Thanks in advance,
Ben
Hi to all,
Is here somebody who can fix my SG-4 or MA-3D, I don't know which is bad. Digital board is not lightin no more and motor is not turning.
I will pay to someone to fix it because I'm not in electronicks, somebody else built the boards for me.
Thanks in advance,
Ben
Is there really nobody who can help. Comon people, please. If my request is against forum rules, please say so.
I will send my controler to you to fix it and when is done, just tell me know how much I owe you.
Please help! I can't listen to my LP's and that hurts.

20230118_172809.jpg
20230117_214503.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks to Pyramid and the forum members for my inspiration and guidance to upgrade my TD125 MkII. I thought I would share my long journey. Started with stock Thorens TD125 MkII and removed motor, all control electronics, and optical systems. Replaced the motor with AA-BLWS-231S motor, along with SG-4 (v1.05) and MA-3D amplifier to drive the motor. You will see in the pictures that I put the turntable in a new plinth and built a separate box for all the electronics with a pull-out drawer to expose the control. I also designed an optical reflective sensor under the TD125 sub-platter, looking at the strobe pattern on the sub-platter. I then designed an Arduino based frequency measuring and display module to monitor and display the frequency of the signal coming from the optical sensor. If the turntable is turning at 33.33rpm then the signal from the optical sensor/stobe pattern will be 120Hz. The software integrates for 4 seconds then displays the frequency and the turntable rpm. All the electronics operate from a 30W-15V power supply. I also machined a new tonearm bronze mounting plate and Delrin tonearm board for the SME 3009 Series II Improved tonearm. The tonearm was completly rebuild and rewired by SME Tonearems in Toronto, Canada. You will also notice the labels which I had custom made. The first picture is the completed turntable.
TT-Complete-wDustcover.jpg

This is the control electronics looking at the bottom of the control box.
ControlBox-BottomRear.jpg

The control box from the top & front.
ControlBox-Front.jpg

The view of the control buttons and displays with drawer opened.
ControlBox-Front_DrawerOpen.jpg

The new plinth and the TD125 sub-chassis and the AA motor and new pulley.
NewPlinth-Motor-Sensor.jpg

The completed system operating.
TT-Complete-Operating.jpg

Reactions: 1 user