Did I kill my Philips CD-60?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I replaced it because my unit had a problem, and I had read that this cap causes trouble.
The original blue cap had the gray stripe closer to the edge of the PCB, so I oriented the new cap's green stripe the same way.

Attachments

• 47uFcap.jpg
    47uFcap.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 136
Please read the entire service manual. I've generally found them to be well written and useful.

Does it have debug flowcharts? The one I used had to be done in sequence.

It may be that the combination of mounting and tilting the unit as in the picture makes the CDM mechanism level.

@bajjisw I have been through the entire SM, numerous times. The Fault Finding Tree calls for Service Positions 0, 1, 2, and 3, yet nowhere does it depict them.
I have attached a section of the Tree. The remainder of the tests require two Philips Test Discs, which cost $200 and $250.
I have also attached a portion of the SM from a different machine, which would be more helpful to someone at my level.

@electron-ic I will get a digital multimeter, then I'm sure I will have some questions for you!:)

Attachments

• faultfindingtree.png
    faultfindingtree.png
    173.4 KB · Views: 62
  • helpful2.png
    helpful2.png
    448.3 KB · Views: 59
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.