Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Carlos, no, I was jokeing with you calling her a son, in english this word is only for your boy child. I was just in a good mood after finaly makeing some progress with the construction.

Your daugter actualy looks very indian/malay. And I think your son is going to look just like you when he hits 30...

I used to look nothing like my dad, now sometimes when I see my reflection, I sometimes get a little fright seeing my dear daddy.

Is this a 6 cilinders on line, Alfa Romeo motor in your avatar?

Avatar image is not clear enougth.

Klaas, thank you about comments related my sons.

....................................................................................................

Nordic....Cabana is a wooden house here..we call this way...not very common those constructions here, not in my place, only South people use wooden homes...Italians, Russians, Poland and Japanese.

We have towns that were founded by those imigrants.

It seems to be that this weekend you will be listening the Dx amplifier....this is very good.

regards,

Carlos

Oh lol carlos, I dont have a garden or a cabana...

Haha, humor is sometimes lost in translation...

Rough draft of amp, not complete drawing...

Thinking of makeing it narrower, more like PS2 look, with the transformers mounted through the rear.

I will only get the heatsinks on monday... :(

Attachments

• rough.jpg
    rough.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 663
Almost , Carlos !
It is Alfa Romeo V6 3liter, 24-valve. 226 horsepower.

And it's in my car :D
As you see i have many passions .

My car
alfa_166_small.jpg

big pic:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/aqvrs1853/alfa_166_big.jpg

It has semi-automatic gearbox, you can shift or drive automatic.
When you step on it doing 160 kmph, it shifts back in 3rd gear and presses your back in your seat :devilr:
Of course i never do that, it's illegal :angel:
Right now it has a broken gearbox, well such is life.
Waiting for repairs now.

Nordic, good to see your progress :up: , cannot wait to hear from you when you've had your first listen.

With best regards,

Klaas

Mine presses me against the steering well, when driving 160

And someone remove their car that was producing vaccuum in front of me... so...my speed reduce very fast..negative aceleration...ahahahha

Please, send me some images about the amplifier,..will be helpfull to me Klaas as we are making our social and forum management will not apreciate that very much.

Having electronics images when posting....going to the subject and also going into social relatioship things will run better...things can run in parallel in some harmonic way.

My car is this one...Gol, from Brazilian Volkswagen..1 Litter, 1000 cubic centimeters, 70 Hp at 6800 rpm, 16 valve engine,computer controled multipoint injection system, hi compression motor...maximum speed is 155 ... my heavy foot help it to go over 180....hehe...not legal too...here, maximum is 120 km hour...14 Km per litter engine.. zero to 100 in 12 seconds...runs gasoline with 25 percent alcohol.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• img_4926.jpg
    img_4926.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 600
We are waiting the final board, also the final schematic...soon it will come

That new, and last, schematic is cooking.... i will show you the current one...a working one...tested one...already assembled one.

But, to construct now, the schematic on use today, is this one...and work fine....modifications are very small that will happen in the final one...and can be done using the board i will show you in the following posts.

Here is the schematic.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• schematic.gif
    schematic.gif
    80.7 KB · Views: 660
Here is the current board...with parts shown over the board.

The board is shown as "glass"....shown as transparent...you are watching over the board...up the board..... the transparency will allow you to observe the copper lines that are under the board.

Copper lines are shown as blue strips..they are in the other side, opposite side related the components.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• board with parts.jpg
    board with parts.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 733
Many options are confused...i agree with you Silverhalo..i hope i could make it more

clear now.

I will post what is almost arriving..... a modified...not too much, but a modified and last schematic that will arrive soon

Also i will show you, a small portion of the board that is beeing prepared...smaller, better and more pretty.

Maybe you can wait Mr. Greg presents his nice last board...he is making the official Dx amplifier board...he is something as a partner in this thread...that had many cooperative guys.

Reading all thread you will see that RAJ made boards...that we already have presented 2 boards styles and the final one is arriving if RAJ boards not enougth for you.

All them work fine....also all schematics posted works fine too.

This is the schematic that will reference the final circuit.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• final schematic.jpg
    final schematic.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 739
This thread is running free, and moderators are beeing extremelly tollerant related

me...i have to thank you very much, my thanks to forum management that has a lot of patience, accepting things that they do not like...beeing really tollerant.

But, as a result of my behavior, and friendly cooperation i had, things turns confused...i return to read and i perceive that people may be in trouble to know what is the board and which one will be the schematic.

Because of that....or because divine help, Mr. Greg Erskine is starting to produce a home page, and there, all the Standards, and official, final schematics, updated and upgraded things will be posted.... the guaranteed materials will be there.

This is help us to continue to behave with freedom, to accept suggestions and to go improoving..since some standard will be save, in a non confused form, to the ones that have the desire to construct..

I apreciate RAJ, Klaas, Nordic and other folks as Graham and many others that entered to help....i hope i will continue to have your attention and cooperation.

regards,

Carlos

Yes Nordic...this is a very good idea and was gladly accepted.

And we gonna do the way you are saying.

We have just to give the needed time to Greg to finish his research to produce a perfect board..i am sure he is giving all
his spare time to do it...he has not so big spare time.

But, in near future, we gonna have that version you are telling...also something more powerfull to powerholic fellows too.

I have to say that i have received a very kind mail from our friend Phong that have produced our amplifier and he is playing it all day long with his friends....he owns some kind of business, maybe a Restaurant of something alike and sound is playing there...i am sure it may be pleasant to him.

He said that the amplifier is running fine.

I have asked him, as soon as possible to him, when concluded his listening test, to say what he thinks about Dx amplifier.

Phong has other interesting brands ...including Symassym, and this one is a very good amplifier...unfortunattelly a little bit complicated to my personal taste...and there are people, others designers, making it more and more complicated..hehe

Phong has a reference...he use to listen to Symassym, so, his ideas about quality are referenced.... ideas as almost so good as....lost by small margin...had the same sonics...was better in trebles...now can be referenced...and have reference, are much more precise findings.

regards,

Carlos

Putting information on a website is a good idea, Carlos.
This will avoid much confusion.
I'll be more carefull in the future regarding off-topics posts next time, sometimes we forget this forum is about diyaudio.

I have doubts regarding using bd139/140 as vas/drivers, since the originals are hard to obtain, and most modern versions behave different.
Coming from the land of Philips, i still have a few of the old ones.
There are many modern versions:
vas_bd139.jpg

The one on the left is old philips, it's not black but dullish grey with ph scribbled on it. The one in the middle is bd140 from ST, the one on the right is bd139 (which brand ?) insulated package.

Related your suggestion Nordic..
Carlos is a kind man, much more kind than me..
I learned how to ride a bike without training-wheels, maybe i've fallen too many times to understand sometimes people need them and will benefit from them.
(sorry for drifting off-topic)

With kind regards,

Klaas

And i love those off topic things...i think they make us humans..not scientific

calculators.

But in the reality...there's a lot of people that hate those things..they want objectivity..direct to the point.

I really like some flexibility...some other things posted from time to time...difficult is to find the correct quantity of those things.

Well...forum management are beeing kind..for sure.

Your worries related BD139 and BD140 are correct, and i agree with you...this way, i have posted many possibilities, and people can decide by themselves.

In the VAS position, a very responsable of audio quality, you will need a transistor that can hold all the peak to peak voltage the amplifier will produce...better is that can hold much more than that for safety reasons.

The transistor in that position must have low capacitance, high gain and may hold 2 watts of power...the biggest the gain the better will be the unit for that position.

The dominant majority of our forum thinks that hi speed devices will produce better sound...i do not think so, but, as the amplifier is not only for myself, people can install high speed devices in VAS position...but do not forget to use a Miller capacitor when using high speed units (more than 100 Megahertz transistors)

Thank you Klaas,

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.